wooden boats and a Chelsea Clock Ship's Bell from 1906

Hello Everyone
Was dusting some of my clocks. I still say if you just looking to get into the hobby of marine clocks … A great “ gateway “ clock is any Chelsea Ship’s Bell. The 4 1/2 inch dial size is a personal favorite of mine. Chelsea Clock Company made many of them and plenty have survived over 100 years in age…They are also responsibly priced. I would refer to this size as a “ working man’s clock “ when you go up on dial size they become more of the “ millionaire “ clock …. Plus I always look for clocls that have a ship name on them …. Either on the dial or the case …
For example …. I got this clock off
an auction site …..it had “Shiyessa IV” on the dial. In old ads from Chelsea they said that upon request they would add the name of your boat on the dial , no additional charge !
I did some extensive research aka a lot of Google and reading Google books etc…
“SHIYESSA IV, FLAG SHIP BOSTON YACHT CLUB Commodore ALFRED DOUGLASS…. “
My clock was owned by Albert Douglas who was the Commodore of the Boston Yacht Club 1909-1912 …. And since he was the Commodore his yacht was the Flagship of the BYC at the time .
Shiyessa IV Designed by Frederic D. Lawley | Built by George F. Lawley & Son, S. Boston, 1906 | 90_ Length overall, 60_ Length waterline | Owned by Alfred Douglass, Commodore of the Boston Yacht Club 1909-1912
It amazing what you can find on line…
As I always say , the ships are gone , only
thing that remains 100 plus years later a picture , maybe a bell or an award or a clock!
Good hunting and have a great week
Bill

Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 12.09.42 PM.png Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 12.09.54 PM.png Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 12.10.07 PM.png

Like 3