Forums Latest Members
  1. LawBrk Mar 16, 2016

Came across these today, the 7004A with the Landeron 248 with what appears to be a service bezeL? Or is it only missing the lume? It has seen some polishing but the movement has been serviced and it comes on a Wittnauer branded JB Champion.
    image.jpeg image.jpeg

The second I am unsure what it is but I like the blued steel hands and it is a very charming size.
    image.jpeg

Any additional info/thoughts would be enjoyed!

Edited Mar 16, 2016
  2. Eric_navi Mar 16, 2016

Looks like a great find surrounded by junk watches. Would need to see photos straight on of the second watch, but judging by pushers location could be a Valjoux 72.

3. ulackfocus Mar 16, 2016

The first one has an aftermarket bezel most likely.

The second one is potentially a sweet watch depending on what's inside. How much?

4. Eric_navi Mar 16, 2016

I'm fairly certain it's a Val72 inside... Here's a no lume version with R72. identical minus the lume.
    [​IMG]

5. yinzerniner Mar 16, 2016

Two pretty nice pieces, but the bezel insert on the 7004a is definitely a replacement. Given the completely even aged lume I'd be willing to bet some other cosmetic enhancements were made when the watch was last serviced.
    Still a nice piece for wear but just know what's what before offering if you're going to take resale value into account.

LawBrk likes this.
  6. LawBrk Mar 16, 2016

I was slightly suspicious about the lume on the first one. But when I took it out and held it had just enough degradation to make me believe it. The bazel is what threw me for a loop, both of them are fully overhauled from a local reputable watchmaker which makes their asking price even more attractive.

The second one I held wound and ran beautifully but the dial has a bit more patina. The case back is octagonal? Decagonal? No markings otherwise. I didn't want to show too much interest before doing a little homework. I think I'll stop by tomorrow and ask them to open them up and see what's inside.

I really enjoyed the first one because of the lollipop hand, i wouldn't really worry too much about resell as I would probably keep it for a very long time. Would a correct bezel be a difficult source? I saw a few for sale online with a quick Google search, but not sure which one would be exactly original reference. I'm thinking if I show up with cash tomorrow I could potentially walk with both for under $2800. Gauging from past sales and auctions I feel fairly confident in that price, obviously this would rely heavily on the movement inside the second watch.

Edited Mar 16, 2016
    watchknut likes this.
  7. bristnj Mar 17, 2016

The 7004/A typically run about $1200 (on average), typically un-serviced. If it was re-lumed, it was a nice job. I believe there was a root-beer bezel and the maroon bezel (as pictured). If that is the original bracelet (looks like it by the end-links), its a huge bonus and adds to the value. Cool watches and the service bezel would not bother me that much. Overall the piece looks pretty solid. If the price was right, I'd snag it.

8. LawBrk Mar 17, 2016

Does anyone know if the 14y movement is Wittnauers name for the Landeron 248? I can't seem to find a photo of what to expect inside, unclear if it will be.... image.jpeg
    ( Chronocentric; yves)

I would expect the second to appear like.....correct?
    image.jpeg
    (Vesperco.com)

The second has font that I've not been able to find elsewhere. Possible redial?

9. Eric_navi Mar 17, 2016

Upon a closer look the second one definitely a redial. Subdial ticks don't line up with 30/45 on dial and the fonts don't even match! Compare minute counter font to the other subdials...

10. LawBrk Mar 17, 2016

Thanks for confirming, will still be interesting to see what's inside.

They are asking $1100, if it is a 72 may be fun to pick up regardless. Just in case a dial comes round.