Forums Latest Members

Wittnauer 8023-241T Project...Looking for some help

1. behardy Jan 10, 2022

Hi OF,

I recently acquired one of my dream watches and well, it's definitely going to need a lot of work. I've attached a few photo below. In the first one it's the one on the left, the 8025 on the right is running well. I'm definitely aware that the 8023-241T is going to need a fully dismantled servicing and I begun to gather the parts I can see that it needs. So far I have a NOS crown, winding stem, case clamps, and main spring.

Where I'm run into a road block and am now coming to you all for some help is for a pair, or at least one, of chronograph pushers (preferably NOS but I'll take what I can get). I'm not sure if the pushers are stainless steel similar to the case so if so, stainless steel would be preferred as well. Is anyone aware of a source where I could find these from?

@Archer Would you happen to know or know of anyone that might be able to direct me?
    IMG-1969.jpg

8023-241T_1.jpg

8023-241T_3.jpg

And for those who may ask, from what I have found online, the Wittnauer 14Y movement for the 8023-241T model is a modified Landeron 249 movement. Albeit some sources have said hat the 14Y is a modified Landeron 248, but I'm not an expert so I'll leave that to the watchmakers and experts to discuss.

Bonus round, if by some miracle there is a NOS Dial stored away out there I'd definitely be interested in finding one of those!

Edited Jan 10, 2022
  2. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Jan 10, 2022

Most older watchmakers will have plenty of different pusher caps for you. Replace both and be happy.

behardy and Mark020 like this.
  3. Gopher Jan 10, 2022

behardy: I may have access to a nice dial (and other parts) for you. PM me if interested.

4. behardy Jan 10, 2022

Very interested! Will send a PM shortly.