Forums Latest Members

Wish I'd asked for One of these that Christmas instead of a Mecano set.

1. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Oct 26, 2014

2. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Oct 26, 2014

How many were just thrown away :(

3. Emeister Donut-eatin desk-divin wannabe-astronaut fat dude Oct 27, 2014

:unsure:

At least he's taking offers.
    Not one you see around too often.

Obviously not 1967 as it mentions "the successful Apollo Moon-landing" - Published between Apollo 11 and 12 perhaps?
    The 145.003 reference also looks a little unusual.
    I've just tried to have a look on Steve Waddington's brochure/catalogue site old-omegas.com for any more information but I'm getting re-directed to a neoworx blog tools page.

Does anyone know Steve to ask what's happened? I don't think I've ever seen him on the forums. I only got interested around 2009.

Update: I did put in an offer this morning but my £61 has just been declined without a counter offer. Just letting anyone else interested know the score. I won't be going higher. Just gone back through my emails and realised I bought one of these a few years back for £35 and forgot I had it :-/

SpikiSpikester likes this.
  4. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Oct 27, 2014

I think eBay UK have gone back to the old system on offers. If you make an offer that is accepted, then you have bought the item. No more make a few offers on various things and then decide which, if any you'll buy. This removes the counter offer facility unless the seller sends you a message. Personally, I think it is a bad move because it means that you can only go in low now unless you are 100% certain that you want it.

5. Emeister Donut-eatin desk-divin wannabe-astronaut fat dude Oct 27, 2014

Thanks.
    I'm losing track of the eBay differences between .com, .co.uk & .com.au and it doesn't help that each seems to behave differently again when accessed on a mobile.

I'd always assumed any offer I made was binding though, if accepted by the seller.

Happy to have missed out on this one.

6. Mark020 not the sharpest pencil in the ΩF drawer Oct 27, 2014

Nice booklet and still cheap compared to Rolex. Ebay gets worse every day.

7. Emeister Donut-eatin desk-divin wannabe-astronaut fat dude Oct 27, 2014