Forums Latest Members
  1. MoonMan777 Jun 12, 2017

Hello,

I am a new member and resented purchased my first Vintage Omega. I wish I had found this forum first but I have already purchased it. Can you kind gents give me your thoughts on my purchase. It was stated to be a 1968 Omega Seamaster Cosmic Automatic, Caliber 565. Thanks!

IMG_0960.PNG IMG_0961.PNG IMG_0962.PNG IMG_0963.PNG IMG_0964.PNG IMG_0965.PNG
  2. Canuck Jun 12, 2017

Movement looks okay, from what I can see. But the case is a problem IMO. These cases are gold plated brass, and I have yet to see one of this model that hasn't had the same problem yours has. Re-plating (should you try it) is only a temporary fix. I get the impression that these are generally not very popular. The crystal appears to be cracked at the 4:00 position. This watch is a front loader, and your best choice would be a genuine Omega replacement. The crown might be an original, but the gold shell has gone from the top surface. All in all, since you now own the watch, this is not likely to help you much.

3. WhatYourWatchSay Jun 12, 2017

Nothing wrong with the watch MoonMan777. It's a nice clean example with a terrific movement. If you paid a fair price for it, then enjoy it and don't beat yourself up over the purchase.

4. MoonMan777 Jun 12, 2017

Thanks guys really appreciate your feedback! My first vintage purchase so as long as the watch can tell time accurately I will wear it with pride. Thanks again for the insights. :)

WhatYourWatchSay likes this.