Forums Latest Members

Winter is Here (Game of Thrones **SPOILERS**)

1. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Jul 9, 2017

Winter is coming. And I CANNOT WAIT for Game of Thrones to start again.

Who else is excited?

[​IMG]

2. Kmart Jul 9, 2017

Me! Feels like it's been forever since new Game of Thrones. Hopefully the whole new season is as good as the end of the last one.

Jwit likes this.
  3. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Jul 9, 2017

Been waiting for the books since season 1 aired on tv...the tv series has left out half the plots, but with those it followed it has advanced.

Jwit likes this.
  4. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Jul 9, 2017

After I watched the first 3 seasons I read the books and have been obsessed ever since. Yes there are many plot lines that weren't followed in the show, but that's what makes the books a whole separate adventure. I personally believe at this point the books and the show are two different stories and will end differently. Let just hope George RR Martin doesn't kick the bucket before he finished writing.

eugeneandresson likes this.
  5. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Jul 9, 2017

Yup :) He did divulge enough plot to the producers such that should such an unfortunate fate occur we are not left hanging...but with the books it feels like he had only just gotten started...

6. ConElPueblo Jul 9, 2017

Meh. He sure did take his sweet time getting to this point...

I bought book 3 when going abroad 10 years ago (picked it up in the airport as it looked interesting, saw the text of the first page: "Book 3" = ::facepalm2:: ) and waited quite a long time for the next installment... Which wasn't that great :(

7. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Jul 9, 2017

Book 4 sucked. No lie. When I was binging I actually skipped the 4th per a friends recommendation. Then went back to read it and it was a waste of time.

8. Mathlar Jul 9, 2017

I'm a life long fantasy fan and had always believed in the written word, combined with my own imagination, as far superior to any screen adaptation.

Peter Jackson certainly challenged that (although having survived the hobbit adaptation, I concede he's only done a passable job overall).

But the latter G.R.R. Martin books are so tedious (I would dread any Sansa or Dany chapter!). I fully agree with Martin's decision not to be pressured into cranking out the next one - the last was so bad. Now I'm not sure he should bother finishing it - let's stick with the HBO series!

Jwit likes this.
  9. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Jul 10, 2017

Agreed, they weren't easy to get into. I read the first book a couple of years before hints of it being brought to screen. I didn't read further as I was put off by the sheer number of characters...until the first tv series aired that is...had names to faces...and that helped map everything so to speak and soak up the remaining books in no time.

Lucklily the show producers weren't of the same opinion...and we thus have this awesome tv series that has pretty closely followed the books (minus a lot of side-plot) ...

::facepalm1::

My semi-OCD would never allow that. What was not great with book 4/5 was the discontinuity/split in storyline to follow more characters in detail ... no Tirion!!!

10. ConElPueblo Jul 10, 2017

I read one of the books in one day... Granted, it was the one that was split in two separate books, so technically only half a book in one day :D

I love the books and think that the series is great. It's different from the books, but I have nothing against that.

Jwit likes this.
  11. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Jul 16, 2017

T minus 5 minutes

12. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Jul 16, 2017

Dre, mikechi22 and GuiltyBoomerang like this.
  13. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jul 16, 2017

No spoilers!

(OK, I've already watched it.)

"Wrrrrrretch"

14. Jonatan Jul 17, 2017

Spoiler Alert....

Ed Sheeran.

MaiLollo, Dre and Jwit like this.
  15. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Jul 23, 2017

That day of the week again!

IMG_3278.JPG IMG_3279.JPG IMG_3280.JPG IMG_3281.JPG
    Wryfox, Kmart, Dre and 5 others like this.
  16. Jonatan Jul 24, 2017

...and it didn't disappoint. Did you hear that there will be only 8 episodes this season and 6 next year? Meaning that there are only 12 episodes left.

MaiLollo, STANDY, Jwit and 1 other person like this.
  17. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Jul 24, 2017

but they will be a bit longer, some episodes up to 90 minutes each.

Jwit and mikechi22 like this.
  18. GuiltyBoomerang Jul 24, 2017

All characters playing their roles to perfection and inciting praise/fury for their efforts/evil doings :)

And Australia still has horrible service for watching the show legally...

Jwit likes this.
  19. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Jul 24, 2017

Thought bubble ... "Popcorn ... Popcorn ... Quit staring at that shiny wall and toss me some popcorn...." I've seen that look.

Jwit likes this.
  20. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Aug 6, 2017

Holy ::censored::::censored::::censored::::censored::::censored::.

Best episode yet!

Favorite line from it:
    "Who taught you how to do that?"
    "No one."

MaiLollo, Dre and Larry S like this.