Winding an Omega Seamaster 300 234.30.41.21.01.001

I recently purchased this watch new from an AD. I just can't seem to get the heck of winding it, though. I can get the stem pulled out to each position, change the hour and minutes, but when I wind it clockwise, it always seems to wind closed. I can't get it to wind without locking down. I've tried 69540538543__76FAC3BF-7565-4A60-B687-83687EC7E570.JPG putting pressure out as I wind, but it just seems to lock down each time. What am I doing wrong (this is not my first watch!)?

That is strange. I have the same watch, and have never experienced this problem. If anything, I find it harder to screw in the crown than on other watches — I have to apply significant pressure to do so.

if you pull out to set the hour hand then put it back to the winding position, does it work? Or does it have the same issue?

FWIW, I also feel a distinct “pop” when it frees from the threads. Do you ever feel this?

No, there is not a distinct pop. It just sort of unwinds to the winding position. The snaps to the first and second points are solid, tho. And out to the hour and back, it seems to be winding, but actually locks back down after a few turns. It's like I can't find the spot between winding and screwing in.

No, there is not a distinct pop. It just sort of unwinds to the winding position. The snaps to the first and second points are solid, tho. And out to the hour and back, it seems to be winding, but actually locks back down after a few turns. It's like I can't find the spot between winding and screwing in.
Basically you can't wind it. I recommend you take it in back to the boutique or to a service center. Still under warranty so it shouldn't be a problem.

Hello, I have seen this on the some 300s and Ultra Deeps. Your timepiece will need service. The case tube needs to be changed. Take it to the AD you purchased from and it needs to be covered by the Omega Factory Warranty. All the best.

Hello, I have seen this on the some 300s and Ultra Deeps. Your timepiece will need service. The case tube needs to be changed. Take it to the AD you purchased from and it needs to be covered by the Omega Factory Warranty. All the best.
Oh wow - brand new. But Ok, I'll contact them. Thanks.

Don't force it, whether a watch can be wound or not is very obvious. Take it into a service centre

The other way to address this if you need more time with your watch before sending it in for warranty work (which could mean it’s out of your hands for months—and which you can wait to do for a few years, if you prefer) is to place it on a winder (including the one attached to your forearm) for a good long while and just let it charge that way. It’s not ideal, being unable to manually wind the watch, but it doesn’t render this one unusable.

The case tube is fine - the winding stem is just a bit too short...

The Tube ? Why that ? The Tube has nothing to do with not finding the correct position for winding. Your Stem is too short. An easy fix . Your advice is not good advice.

The case tube is fine - the winding stem is just a bit too short...
Thank you. I appreciate your correction.

The Tube ? Why that ? The Tube has nothing to do with not finding the correct position for winding. Your Stem is too short. An easy fix . Your advice is not good advice.
I appreciate your correction. Thank you.

I have that in blue. LOVE IT. I did notice, within the first 2 weeks, unscrewing the crown was very stiff. It did not feel like it was fully free. I pulled the stem fully (as to set the time) and pushed in to feel the 'click'. I was able to wind and then pushing in, I was able to secure the stem.

Today, six months later, it is no longer an issue.

Hope that helps.

I have that in blue. LOVE IT. I did notice, within the first 2 weeks, unscrewing the crown was very stiff. It did not feel like it was fully free. I pulled the stem fully (as to set the time) and pushed in to feel the 'click'. I was able to wind and then pushing in, I was able to secure the stem.

Today, six months later, it is no longer an issue.

Hope that helps.
I have tried that to some extent - I don't want to break it! - but I'll try it again before I send it in. The AD already sent me a label.

I have tried that to some extent - I don't want to break it! - but I'll try it again before I send it in. The AD already sent me a label.

I don't blame you for being cautious.