Forums Latest Members

Will the new 41MM Connie generate more sales/interest in US/Europe?

1. wristvoyeur Mar 7, 2021

As a kid in the 80's this was the first luxury watch I fell in love with.The steell/gold models are absolutely stunning IMHO,yet this model is met with disdain /outright hostility from watch enthusiasts,WHY?
    Is it because there are Ladies models, was designed by a woman,Carol Didisheim,and men believe owning it is a threat to their masculinity? Is it because the model is favored by Russians/Chinese and US/Europeans don't want to own something this group favors? Why do I want to own a Rolex when every tom harry and dick in my industry,(commercial property)has one,when I can own the current Connie and probably never see it on anyone else's wrist.
    And finally,if the "Manhattan" iteration is so unloved why does Omega continue to produce it?

2. Dedlock Mar 7, 2021

I just think the design has become redundant and not just for men but for women as well, it has lost its identity and I dont think it will recover it in its current iteration. what the constellation used to represent has now been taken over by Rolex, AP, VC, chopard cartier, bvlgari and piaget.

Even with the women's constellation iteration recent trends have seen women go for bigger dials, Omega know it themselves that is why Nicole Kidman was spotted wearing the 36mm deville moonshine at the Golden globes.

why does Omega produce it? I have no clue, people keep saying it sells but I have yet to see anybody where it anymore, its become irrelevant.

3. wristvoyeur Mar 7, 2021

Thanks for your feedback.I think the models tech,(Coaxial,Si hairspring),steep discount from retail(50-60% greymarket)
    and design uniqueness make it a compelling choice for a dress watch.

4. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Mar 7, 2021

It's a very good question. I've often wondered the same. My first exposure to a "luxury" watch was a small, quartz Constellation which my wife owned (redeived as a gift before I met her). I thought it was an amazing watch, and in a way, it sparked my (now) intense fascination with watches. I find the new lineup of Constellation models for men to be very exciting, especially those with the black ceramic bezel segments. The one thing that may discourage me from ever acquiring one of these newer Constellations is the proprietary attachment to the strap or bracelet. I think being limited to using just Omega straps and bracelets is a big negative.

5. texasmade Mar 7, 2021

I've always heard that the Constellation line is a big seller in Asia. My mom owns a two-tone ladies Constellation with diamond markers. It's her favorite watch that she wears practically everyday.

6. wristvoyeur Mar 7, 2021

Agreed-It would be great if Omega made some type of spring loaded bar that would let the owner swap out the metal bracelet for a leather
    strap.

7. wagudc Mar 7, 2021

American man here. I love the vintage (50s-70s) Connies. The latest models remind me of 80s styles that I don't like. Any animosity towards the modern ones is that they represent the loss of the classic line and not any of what you suggested. However the Globemaster does feel like the continuation of those classic watches.

wilderbeast and lindo like this.
  8. wristvoyeur Mar 7, 2021

The Ladies Constellation are the most beautiful women's watches I have ever seen.