Forums Latest Members

Will Omega release a mid-size/smaller version of the latest Seamaster 300m?

1. Wahlberg Mar 25, 2019

I've used google and the search function but couldn't find any topic or discussion about this. I've assume it's been discussed before.

So my question, what are the odds that Omega will release a smaller version? I still need to try the latest one but I'm positive it will wear too large. If this could be 40mm or smaller it would be perfect.

Is the old mid-size discontinued or not? I still saw it on the website but Omega lists a lot of older models as well. And the newest one looks so good with the rubber strap and dial.

2. goldengrottosharks Mar 26, 2019

Just chiming in to say that I too am curious as to collectors' thoughts on the odds of a smaller Seamaster being released soon. A 39mm or 40mm would be great. I'm not as familiar with Omega as with other brands...is there a chance they'd do away with the helium release valve too? I just think it kills the design symmetry for what very dubious benefit it offers.

Rolex seems to be wanting to drive its customers away these days, so I'm eyeing Omega. Since watches are trending down in size these days, maybe Omega will surprise us when they reveal the novelties they withheld from Basel. What has kept me away from Omega in the past is their pronounced thickness.

3. fastfras Mar 26, 2019

I'd be interested in a smaller Seamaster with a GMT complication. I have found the 41mm as okay due to the short lugs, however with the 8XXX series the issue is height.

Not sure if the 36mm Professional 300 is still available but it can be found at a number of AD shops in Canada. I'd also check the grey market, the often have slower selling pieces.