Forums Latest Members
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sherbie Oct 9, 2018

can someone please enlighten me why one of the best threads of late is no longer available?

Davidt likes this.
  2. Texasjohn Oct 9, 2018

I am wondering as well.

3. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Oct 9, 2018

4. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Oct 9, 2018

I don’t miss it. ::psy::

marco, Gefa, kov and 3 others like this.
  5. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Oct 9, 2018

Not enough pics of ultramans if course.

rfordo and gdupree like this.
  6. 89-0 Oct 9, 2018

What was the gist of the thread?

7. redpcar Oct 9, 2018

don't care ::yawn::

Steve88M3 and Darlinboy like this.
  8. gostang9 Oct 9, 2018

@dsio explained it was taken down and might come back up - will be evaluated later.

9. gostang9 Oct 9, 2018

Here’s the explanation...

Foo2rama and gdupree like this.
  10. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 9, 2018

I'm still at work in meetings atm but will be looking into it when I get home, in the mean time disagree with each-other as much as you want but make an effort when posting to think "Am I in this reply playing the man or playing the ball?", it may seem easy to try to win an argument by trying to discredit and attack the people you're arguing with but it doesn't contribute to a factual discussion among collectors and in the end nobody wins, so try to be good to each-other.

Mtnmansa, Gefa, MCC and 23 others like this.
  11. Sherbie Oct 9, 2018

Thanks

Didnt read that thread to see people bashing, i have enough of that type of crap at work, nor do i have an interest in any UM per se, but last i read the thread was developing into the ethics of ordering an extract from Omega, and the mechanism of this extract process, which was / is very valuable to all

Somthats the main reason I’d like to see it reinstated

Davidt and Pun like this.
  12. MikeMan2727 Oct 9, 2018

But what about all the "likes" I got in that thread - what will happen with them now?

:D

heavenscloud, drhombus24, aap and 3 others like this.
  13. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Oct 9, 2018

They curdle into "intense hatreds".

Tet likes this.
  14. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 9, 2018

We have a charity that we donate them to :thumbsup:

15. sdre Oct 9, 2018

The thread -minus the personal attacks and all that; serves quite a bit of purpose though; like how Omega does its extract process; doesn't seem to be that archived after all... and going back to get an extract again having the information added... I didn't know of all these until this was mentioned.

If this is true; because after all it's all one man's word against another; and one's integrity to speak the truth about how the system works... I think its a valuable and insightful thread.

Edit: Of course; if this is a Pro-Omega forum, and that protecting the brand name of Omega is of paramount importance, then I can understand why it was taken down. My impression of OF is that it is run independently by enthusiasts.

Edited Oct 9, 2018
    Davidt, Nathan1967, bloomy and 3 others like this.
  16. Pun Oct 9, 2018

I believe that thread later developed into an informative thread indeed. It was no doubt somewhat critical to the Omega Certificate issue process but that’s what needed at times to get the system working properly and transparently.

I’m of strong views that only vulgarity and personal attacks etc should be avoided and/or expunged but any kind of censorship otherwise to scuttle the democratic discussions will not be good at all.

In an open and robust forum such controversial topics must be allowed to be discussed freely in order to correct anomalies, if any, that exists anywhere.

Davidt, Atalien2005 and sdre like this.
  17. sdre Oct 9, 2018

Agreed. I think it becomes a grey area for collectors who are emotionally and financially invested in their collection; these invoke emotions that rapidly derails the thread.

The vintage world seems skewed towards the collectors who seem to know more than Omega themselves; and in that; might be a conflict of interest in terms of valuating a vintage piece.

Because "collectors" then can go on and put a ridiculous amount aka 80K USD for "best ultraman example"

Pun likes this.
  18. Pun Oct 9, 2018

Yes Sir. I agree in toto.

Let’s request the Moderator here to reinstate the thread ASAP and help continue the healthy trend of free, fair and open discussions at OF.

sdre likes this.
  19. JanV Oct 9, 2018

Gentlemen, why not start a separate thread discussing the EOA’s? I really don’t miss anything else from the Ultraman discussion but this dialogue.

Foo2rama likes this.
  20. Pun Oct 9, 2018

That’s one way to do it again but whatever was already written and discussed should not go in vain. I believe that thread should be reinstated here for posterity.

The original premise for asking 80k for UM was based only on the Extract received from the Omega. It was also interesting to read how the innocuous sale thread moved from mockery to ridicule to the serious question how Omega does the certificate process.

I wonder why should our community be deprived of any of such comment that may be used in future by anyone of us. There was nothing that needed such extreme step, like removal from everywhere, that to us is akin to the censorship. Just my 2 cents.

sdre, Rochete and JanV like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.