Forums Latest Members

Why some people can sell with under 200 posts??

1. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Nov 20, 2016

You know, there is a right way and a wrong way to win friends and influence people. You have chosen the wrong way, or at least, the harder way.

If you would have read the rules in the sales forum, you would have seen that it is possible for anyone to qualify to sell before meeting the 200 post rule. That is, if you had references from other forums or eBay and would have contacted one of the moderator team by PM.

Since you have chosen another way, you'll need to wait until you meet the post rule. Even then your rather dismissive tone of the process would give me pause to approve you, even if you had 2,000 posts and sold 30,000 watches.

Then again, I don't make those decisions.
    gatorcpa

2. ulackfocus Nov 20, 2016

Wow, nice comments there @fnfz4 - allow me to boils some of the other member's posts down to this:

Way to be a douche.

If you had simply read the damn sticky about the exception you wouldn't have to post farm nor would you be making rude comments.

boat2dan likes this.
  3. fnfz4 Nov 20, 2016

where was that written? I didnt see that. First, I was able to sell back in 2013 when I first signed up. Stopped selling here because most of the buyers are vintage Omegas and I dont really sell vintage or a lot of Omega anymore. Mostly sell New Rolex and some tradeins from the sources that I supply. wasnt really interested in selling to be honest so I guess I really didnt read it. in any case, this is moot for me.

4. fnfz4 Nov 20, 2016

wow... clearly if profanity is allowed in this fora then something is off if this kind of post is tolerated. Before you accuse me or anyone to be farming post it would be nice to first investigate if they are really farming instead of jumping to conclusions and calling people a Douche. way to go! you only succeeded in making yourself look like that lol

5. meganfox17 Nov 20, 2016

[​IMG]

6. ulackfocus Nov 20, 2016

@fnfz4 - The rules are in a sticky at the very top of the sales forum where they'd most obviously be:

https://omegaforums.net/threads/please-read-new-security-measures-for-the-sales-sections.16994/

If you bothered to look, you would have not only seen that but seen in the post why this new rule was enacted AND how you could get your exception.

...... and don't deny you were trying to make 200 posts quickly. We all know it. We've seen post farming before (and another member NCState is currently doing it too and got called out). On this forum, we handle things directly and bluntly - especially with people trying to pull stunts. Take a look at the sales forum for more evidence of that - try to pass off a redial as original and you WILL get publicly questioned.

ps - I'm not a douche. I'm an asshole and often a dickhead. BIG difference.

7. Jonatan Nov 21, 2016

I read a good deal of the first 30 you did in 30 minutes. Mostly single phrases.

Yes, you're right I did start the signal fires by posting here as it seemed normal to alert the members of the forum. I'm sorry but when someone seems to be in such in a hurry to sell, like you are, it does scare me a little.

In any case, we have told you that your behavior was inappropriate and some members have backed you in saying that you're a good guy. Now please correct your behavior and we will welcome you with open arms. It might take a little longer to sell your watches and soon enough you'll starting posts like this one to warn other members.

Looking forward to reading your improved comments.

Regards,

Jonatan

Edited Nov 21, 2016
  8. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Nov 21, 2016

Too bad, so sad.
    gatorcpa

9. ulackfocus Nov 21, 2016

Yeah, well we both know he'll be back. Might not be for several months, and might be as a different screen name, but they ALWAYS come back.

Spacefruit likes this.
  10. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Nov 21, 2016

It is in one of the stickies at the top of the Private Watch Sales subforum.

BTW, the Private Watches For Sale subforum here exists as something for forum community members to use, and is not intended as a free sales platform. The Watches For Sale subforum may require 200 posts, and not have a waiver. But please note no one has a 'right' to be able to freely sell on a private forum that is owned/ run/ paid for by others. It is pretty typical to need to abide by the rules established by the forum owners. In my experience OF is not unique in their requirements. But they are fairly atypical by not requiring a fee/ % from sellers, especially those who make a living buying/ selling watches. The fact that someone could offer a selling platform for free (vs one having to pay hundreds of dollars/ month for their own site) is a pretty nice thing.

Spacefruit likes this.
  11. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Nov 21, 2016

Every two weeks (if not more) we go through this. Thread soon to be locked, but no worries because next week another will appear. Like clockwork.

On the bright side, it's been awhile since we have had an uncle thread.

Nitzbar likes this.
  12. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Nov 21, 2016

Maybe this could be a pre loaded standard answer? Just substitute name and "31" with whatever name and number.

Nitzbar likes this.
  13. Perseus Nov 21, 2016

So you're upset about rules of the sales forum but you're not interested in using the sales forum?

[​IMG]

14. mattonthewater Nov 21, 2016

Dear lord, I had a part I needed to sell and it took all of an hour to get with a mod, share feedback from elsewhere and poof. Some people's children.