Forums Latest Members
  1. Poday Sep 25, 2015

2. Poday Sep 25, 2015

Whoops! Wrong forum! This was intended for the vintage section, please relocate if possible!

3. wsfarrell Sep 25, 2015

The few that have sold lately have been "best offer," so we don't know what they went for---though it does look like > $4k is likely. I think this seller just made a tactical error in putting the starting bid at a very large percentage of the price they wanted, and scared people off.

4. dragoman Sep 26, 2015

Geolocalization.

Sellers from East Europe have a harder time selling their wares, and it seems that they do not want, or do not know how to, manage the bidding process, so they just put the minimum price they are willing to take, and wait.

5. lwong Sep 26, 2015

Looks like a luminova dial, maybe that contributes some

6. Andy K Dreaming about winning an OFfie one day. Sep 26, 2015

About 2 years ago there were a handful of true no reserve auctions of original but very worn Big Blues that ended in the mid threes $USD. The way prices have gone lately I could easily see those ending today in the low or mid fours. I think this one will probably eventually sell at this price but my guess is that @lwong is correct, the dial is turning off some buyers. All the other parts look 40 years old but the service dial is a bit of a mismatch. Some of the surviving original dials look rough from water damage so the service dials seem more and more common. This one seems like it would be a good wearable example if the buyer doesn't mind the luminova dial or the case which doesn't look very crisp, though the photos make the case hard to judge.

7. Poday Sep 27, 2015

Yup, somehow I missed the service dial, that explains a lot. There also appears to be some wear from rubbing on the rotor (though not present on the caseback). Still, given the state of prices these days, I'd think that someone would have snatched it up for the $3990 asking price

8. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 27, 2015

Moved to vintage now

Poday likes this.
  9. Tom Dick and Harry Sep 30, 2015

I've owed 1/2 dozen Big Blue's, including one in NOS condition, they always command good money. The issue is with then that they are pretty unwearable unless your are Andre the Giant! They are lovely watches but they look best on Isofrane or mesh and the weight inbalance having one on is off putting.

They are cracking watches and I love the way they look but every time I hanker after one and get it I inevitably end up selling it within a few months! That said I am much the same with Speedies. It seems every other post on the Omega Forum now is about Speedies and everyones love for them but I've owned everything from 2915 to 145.022 and again I end up wanting one, finding a lovely example and then quickly falling out of love with it.

IMHO there are much nicer Omegas out there and things that are much more interesting for a fraction of the price

Edited Sep 30, 2015
    lillatroll and OMTOM like this.
  10. sulaco Sep 30, 2015

Tom is right they are pretty unwearable. ;)