Forums Latest Members
  1. kostas123 Apr 26, 2017

why their watches suck does anyone own any let me know your experiences

2. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Apr 26, 2017

just look at the damn things...... its like a chrome plated Caddy with steer horns on the hood and fur on the dash.... no class!

3. kostas123 Apr 26, 2017

yeah they are popular in the bronx where I work, its the hood over there and every one is wearing them

4. Drawarms Apr 26, 2017

LOL

5. OMGRLX a RolexBear in disguise Apr 26, 2017

If you don't already know on your own, I can't help you. .. :whistling:

6. cvera Apr 26, 2017

I have one. It was nice to have in high school and I always got compliments. I didn't know anything about watches and $100 was a huge amount for me to spend on a watch at the time. I use it now all the time doing yard work and it still runs like a Quartz champ.

For day to day and work I currently have a planet ocean and a Breitling that I was educated/fortunate enough to know what they are and be able to afford them.

When I see someone wearing an Invicta I don't scoff or ridicule them, I'm just happy someone is wearing a watch.

Long story short, I think there are better watches out there. Some individuals tend to look down on the cheaper/entry level stuff. Also individuals tend to agree that one can get a higher quality watch for the same price they paid for the invicta.

JoLo, GandOsDad, nzshadow and 22 others like this.
  7. OMGRLX a RolexBear in disguise Apr 26, 2017

So, what does that tell you?

8. kostas123 Apr 26, 2017

try wearing that invicta with you to work see what happens

9. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Apr 26, 2017

Yeah the Bronx.... perfect Invicta country!
    001.jpg

10. cvera Apr 26, 2017

I have. Nobody cares. Nobody cares about the planet ocean, breitling, or etc. It's my hobby, not my job.

Otterina, nzshadow, yande and 20 others like this.
  11. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Apr 26, 2017

Hey now...

Marketing genius. They serve a niche and do it well.

I was in a pawn shop last week looking for vintage watches. While talking about watches with the clerk he was refreshed to hear that I was not asking to see the Invicta watches. He says many people come in and ask about them, as if they are the best watch ever made.

12. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 26, 2017

Nixon>Invicta

Mac5, rcs914, gdupree and 4 others like this.
  13. kostas123 Apr 26, 2017

that something is wrong with these people

BrianMcKay and OMGRLX like this.
  14. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion Apr 26, 2017

What about the movements regarding Invicta watches? Are they fairly good (or bad) movements?

Also, there is a section in the Complete Price Guide To Watches devoted to (from what I remember) vintage Invicta...but I believe it may be a 'different' Invicta than what is referenced in this thread. I'm at work right now and don't have the CPGTW with me (it's sort of like hauling around a brick).

OMGRLX likes this.
  15. kkt Apr 26, 2017

Man, the horns don't even look like they're on straight. ::facepalm1::

Als 27, Meme-Dweller and OMGRLX like this.
  16. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Apr 26, 2017

The automatic movements are generally Japanese Miyota movements. Miyota is a subsidiary of Citizen, so it's not total crap. Some of the more expensive Invictas used to have ETA's, although I don't know if they still do. Quartz movements are generally Swiss Rondas.

Again, while these are not high-end movements, you could certainly do worse.

I think the real issue is that many of the styles are very garish and their pricing strategy of putting a stupid high price as "MSRP" then offering 70% or more off as a bargain is insulting.

I have heard stories of hands falling off on new watches, but have not witnessed this first hand. I do know that their warranty is almost non-existent and even when covered, their postage charges to get factory service are exorbitant. Also, they will not accept warranty work through their factory stores or AD's.

Seikos really aren't that much more expensive and the company stands behind their product far better than Invicta.
    gatorcpa

Mac5, rcs914, Waltesefalcon and 11 others like this.
  17. Sculler22 Apr 26, 2017

Seiko fans would be horrified to be compared in any way to an Invicta. They are 2 entirely different categories of watch.

jankymutt, michael22, raison_ and 2 others like this.
  18. Canuck Apr 26, 2017

19. Canuck Apr 26, 2017

I recently (for shame) repaired on for a friend. It had leaked! There was not much steel in it, but what was there, rusted. I replaced the crown which cost more than the movement! The movement most me $5.00, but the price would have been $4.50 if I'd bought a quantity. IIRC, it was an ETA 804.111 movement. I thought I'd shamed him from buying another junker off the internet. But last week, he brought one that he had just bought. He got a "great" deal on it. Arrived with a dead cell, and a chronograph that didn't work!

BrianMcKay likes this.
  20. argonbeam Apr 27, 2017

I have a friend who collects the really monstrously huge ones. Will try and snap some pics next time I see him. Can google "huge invicta" for some nice relevant pictures. He has money to blow and thinks they're funny. He is a big guy and can get away with wearing them too. I dove with one labeled as 300m water-resist once and it filled with water. Case and under crystal. I wasn't surprised given how cheap they are, so wasn't upset or anything. Apparently a class action lawsuit for this same reason going on now by others with higher expectations.

OMGRLX and michael22 like this.