Forums Latest Members

Why America will be conquered in the next 50 years.

1. ulackfocus Oct 8, 2013

MyVintageOmega likes this.
  2. Hijak Oct 8, 2013

::blowup::Idiots! Insert::rant:here...

3. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Oct 8, 2013

Current US Gov't shutdown and debt ceiling debacle are more urgent and scary. I hope it resolve soon before shaking the confidence of US bond and USD notes holder. Really no other currency alternative yet, except probably gold.

4. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Oct 8, 2013

And we wonder why there are so many fat kids? Not to mention loners who have no concept of what a "team" means.

I am very concerned about my nephews who get very little excercise at school, since PE programs have been slashed as too expensive.

BTW, insurance companies are the beginning and end of these problems. It all comes back to short-term thinking.

Less litigation means more profits.
    gatorcpa

cozzani1978 and Hijak like this.
  5. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Oct 8, 2013

baseball banned.

6. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 8, 2013

Let's keep this on sports and not get into a gun debate.

7. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 8, 2013

Don't feel alone in this, there are numerous examples in Oz of schools banning games due to the possibility of someone getting an "injury" and running straight to their lawyer.

It sucks, I had a great time at school and I've got the scars to prove it :D

Hijak likes this.
  8. MyVintageOmega Oct 8, 2013

9. ulackfocus Oct 8, 2013

Yeah, man! All the best stories are illustrated by a scar of some kind. ;)

10. Hijak Oct 8, 2013

Or a broken bone!:D

11. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Oct 8, 2013

There is no reason for any country to "conquer" the U.S. – the country is destroying itself!

The U.S. is completely broke, and it's only a matter of how, not when it defaults. The only strengths remaining of the collapsing empire are a bloated military, and the reserve status of the petro-dollar. The former is being well exposed as unable to cope with 4G warfare, while the latter's days are numbered. Both foreign and domestic policy are in shambles, and tremendously counter-productive. The political system is corrupted beyond repair in its current form.

Need I continue?

12. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Oct 9, 2013

Same cotton wool approach in the UK, no tree climbing, no winners and losers in various sports and as the time of year approaches that myself and most boys looked forward to No CONKERS !
    Chestnuts starting to fall from the trees was a time for scavenging and preparation, some tried baking them in the oven, others favoured soaking them in vinegar all in an effort to have the toughest conker in the playground.
    Now health & safety has deemed it a deathly pastime (almost)

::facepalm1::

13. ulackfocus Oct 9, 2013

We had dirtbombs (hardened chunks of mud) here in the state as our 'conker' ammunition. Acorns were great when launched from wrist rockets (super sling shots) too.

14. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 9, 2013

You know that was a made up / misreported gutter press piece, don't you ?

15. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Oct 9, 2013

Of course, but substantially more than an element of truth.
    You can read our own Daily Mail for many similar stories.
    I strongly believe that society in general is becoming over protective to our youth.

16. ulackfocus Oct 9, 2013

Combined with fear of litigation.

Alpha likes this.
  17. Patrick Dixon How do these messages get here? Oct 10, 2013

Please don't put these two together without a big irony sign on the post.

SpikiSpikester likes this.
  18. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Oct 10, 2013

:thumbsup:

19. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Oct 10, 2013

This must be local issue........::popcorn::

20. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Oct 10, 2013

As an explanation of the newspapers read in the UK, I quote one of our great sit-coms from the 1970s - Yes Prime Minister. Sir Humphrey is the Parliamentary Private Secretary to the Prime Minister which is essentially one of the top Civil Service posts and earns vastly more than the PM.

PM Jim Hacker: "Don't tell me about the press. I know exactly who reads the papers: The Daily Mirror is read by people who think they run the country, the Guardian is read by people who think they ought to run the country, the Times is read by people who actually do run the country, the Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country, the Financial Times is read by people who own the country, the Morning Star is read by people who think the country ought to be run by another country and the Daily Telegraph is read by people who think it is."
    Sir Humphrey: "Prime Minister, what about the people who read the Sun?"
    Bernard Wooley: "Sun readers don't care who runs the country, as long as she's got big tits."

Privateday7, SpikiSpikester and Alpha like this.