Forums Latest Members
  1. NT931 Jan 30, 2013

Mike put his Seamaster Day-Date up for sale a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was an attractive watch, plus it was in a bigger 36mm case, I decided to buy it.

The merits of Kelaran straps have been discussed previously, and I was keen on getting a brown ostrich strap for this watch. Unfortunately, Kelaran does not ship internationally :(

So I was trying to figure out a way to buy the strap off eBay from Kelaran, then get it shipped to Mike to install on the watch before shipping the watch to me... highly complicated! Mike suggested an alternative - that he install a 19mm brown ostrich strap that he felt was nicer than the Kelaran. I decided to trust his judgement and go with his suggestion.

So when the watch arrived last week, I picked up the box and to my alarm something was rattling around inside the box. When I opened the box, I found that the watch had somehow escaped the bubblewrap that Mike had so carefully cocooned it in! With trepidation, I gently wound the watch and phew!! Everything worked ok.

And I was dead pleased with the strap Mike had picked - it was exactly what I wanted, and went really well with the watch. Even my wife approved. So Mike, great call, and thanks for the watch + strap! :thumbsup:
    Seamaster day-date (flat) 260113.jpg Seamaster day-date 260113 border.jpg

2. ulackfocus Jan 30, 2013

Nice watch and strap combo - and I know first hand. ;)

[​IMG]

Same source for both as you too. :thumbsup:

NT931 likes this.
  3. NT931 Jan 30, 2013

Hi Dennis - yep Mike said he'd sold you a watch on the same strap, and you'd given the strap your stamp of approval.

With endorsements from you and Mike, it really was a no-brainer saying 'yes' to the strap :)

BTW, is yours a cal 751? Sweeeeet!

4. ulackfocus Jan 30, 2013

Yes, 751. :thumbsup:

NT931 likes this.
  5. pknopp Jan 30, 2013

Sent mine on the same band. I have no idea how nice the band you wanted is but these are really nice.

002.JPG
  6. NT931 Jan 30, 2013

This Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Networkwas the Kelaran I was initially eyeing. Not bad, but I think we'll all agree that the Speidel ostrich that Mike put on is superior - the contrast stitching is just the right shade of off-white.

My wife is generally unimpressed with my watch purchases (except my AT8500) but she highly approved of the strap this time, which was an unexpected bonus!

7. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jan 30, 2013

Nigel,
    Glad you liked the watch and strap. I have thought for a long time that speidel straps offered a lot of bang for the buck. Their ostrich straps are particularly good bargains.
    Wear the watch in good health!
    Mike

8. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Jan 30, 2013

Congrats on a fine fine piece. Perhaps you can show it to me someday.;)

9. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jan 30, 2013

I love ostrich straps, they dress up or down and look great with steel or gold.

Great watch and strap choice.:thumbsup:

10. Dablitzer Jan 30, 2013

That is a really smart watch that I'm not familiar with particularly. But I have to say the strap really gives it presence and it looks great on your wrist. ::thumbsup::

11. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jan 30, 2013

well done!