Forums Latest Members
  1. speedy57 Dec 29, 2015

Seeking to buy a new Omega Speedmaster Racing with either the grey and black face with yellow hands, 326.32.40.50.06.001, OR the red and black model, 326.32.40.50.11.001, either with the black rubber band. Have not decided yet. My question is WHO should I buy it from that everyone here with the experience knows is reputable and sells genuine stuff? Authenticwatches.com, watchmaxx.com, or jomashop?

Or another? Please advise..... Yes, I'm seeking new with box papers serial numbers, etc.

2. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Dec 29, 2015

I would PM George (@Kringkily )

Highly reliable and works hard to find whatever you're looking for. I got two watches from him and would get 2 more in a heartbeat.

VillageIdiot, blubarb, hugo and 3 others like this.
  3. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Dec 29, 2015

Of the gray dealers you list I have recommend authentic watches over the other 2. They are reliable and have good service. I haven't had good experiences with Jomashop. Watchmaxx I haven't ever used or know of

VillageIdiot and fskywalker like this.
  4. speedy57 Dec 29, 2015

So I assume everything was real, with box, papers stamped, and serial numbers? I am looking to buy soon. Thx.

5. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Dec 29, 2015

Yes. It was. They, like other gray dealers, provide their own warranty rather than the Omega warranty. I have never needed it but a friend did send a speedy for service and they had a fast response time and solved the issues he had.

6. speedy57 Dec 29, 2015

If box papers and serial number is intact... Doesn't Omega then fix it?

7. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Dec 29, 2015

Of course they will fix it. Even without box or papers, but they will charge you for it as opposed to being under warranty. AD ( authorized dealers) and Boutiques pay a franchise fee to Omega which entitles them to offer the Omega International Warranty. Grey dealers get the same watches from the same warehouse or Boutique, but don't pay those fees so they don't get the warranty option, on the other hand they transfer the savings to the buyer so you get the watch for 20% or 25% less.

Some AD's will be able to offer a discount in person.

Another thing to consider is buying from an out of state dealer to save taxes.

George.A and fskywalker like this.
  8. speedy57 Dec 29, 2015

So... safe to buy from authentic watches, just not going to be serviced by omega. I would think a really nice watch like this wouldn't need anything for years anyway, no?

9. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Dec 29, 2015

No. We all want to think that but even a brand new top line watch can have a small defect and need attention.

I think you misunderstand me. Omega will service it, but not for free. That said the warranty never covers service, it covers defects and malfunction . So you can walk into Omega with the watch and say this is a brand new watch because it's a little slow and they will take it and fix it, and charge you for it. Or you can send it back to authentic watches and they will fix it for free . You just ha e to see where your comfort zone is. Small defects, of they are there, will seldom cost you 25% of the cost of the watch so even paying for service your often on the bright side.

I have never had an issue with any Omega I bought at the boutique , gray dealer, second hand etc.... But this forum and the Internet are plagued by examples of new watches that develop issues. It's normal, that's why the factory warranty exists.

Anticipating your next question, you have the exact same chance of the watch being in perfect shape no matter if you buy from AW or Omega Boutique. In fact mine came
    From the Bel Air boutique even though I bought through AW.

10. speedy57 Dec 29, 2015

Thank you for the assistance. It will go nicely with my Daytona and my Zenith el Primero. Thank you.

11. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Dec 29, 2015

No problem . Enjoy it and post some pictures after you get it.

12. Dmazzle Jan 2, 2016

Kringkily is great to buy from. I've dealt with him before. But what you're looking for is specific and I'm not sure if he would be able to source it for you.

I'm not sure where you are, I'm in New York. I've worked with Alicia's in Bayside and they're always great.

13. speedy57 Jan 2, 2016

Thanks, George is checking on it for me.

14. boknows Jan 4, 2016

George is an awesome gent. He took time to show me some awesome pieces and chat watches with me on new years day while I was visiting NYC! I really appreciate the time he gave me. I hope to build some of my collection through him, can't go wrong.

speedy57 likes this.
  15. speedy57 Jan 4, 2016

So I've placed an order with him and he has been gracious so far. I'm sure it will work out fine. Cannot wait to get the new watch!

STANDY and repoman like this.
  16. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 4, 2016

Just look at all of George,s feedback on the "sellers profile and reviews" forum. You will not have a drama....

Nobel Prize likes this.
  17. speedy57 Jan 4, 2016

Yes, I'm sure you are correct. Thanks.

18. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jan 4, 2016

You'll have no issue with George.

STANDY likes this.
  19. yinzerniner Jan 5, 2016

+1 on George, especially on these here forums.
    There are plenty other great sellers as well, and you can always ask for a reference if you see an especially appealing listing on watchrecon or lionseek.

20. PatrickJ Jan 5, 2016

@Kringkily is a good seller he can source as you want new watches from Authorised Dealers at a good price. Please read the below advice from Omega it is very important you do. It is the only way you will have peace of mind that your watch is100%.

http://www.omegawatches.com/customer-service/faq/

Edited Jan 5, 2016