Forums Latest Members
  1. Tom Dick and Harry Mar 24, 2015

All

I have a dial refinishing job that requires a 'perfect' quality service, unfortunately on this occasion I have no choice so with that in mind can fellow forum members please recommend me the best dial restorers in the UK or Europe, I know Kevin at dowst is amazing but also outrageously unreliable

Advice welcome?

Thanks Tom

2. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Mar 24, 2015

try causemann in Germany. you need good pictures with exactly the look you want. many of these guys are artists as well..... and you do not want this. what happened to mr. Sony in the UK? how is the quality ,since the kids took over ? kind regards. achim

3. mac_omega Mar 25, 2015

Achim, sorry to contradict... Causemann is no more reliable! I have been working with him for several years and the quality of his work becomes worse from year to year instead of improving. His dad was an artist but the son seems to don´t love the job he has taken over from the senior.
    If you are satisfied with a less than average outcome you may try him - I will no longer work with him...

Even though I provide high resolution pictures and detailed instructions he fails regularly - the quality of the restoration job often is so bad that I have to send the dial back to have it redone a second time.
    Then he is upset because I am such a nasty customer (actually he does not say so but reacts accordingly) - his revenge follows: the dial is not touched for months or even longer - I have been still waiting for a dial for nearly two years now!
    I will definitely quit with him - no recommendation at all here!

Sorry for the bad news guys...

4. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Mar 25, 2015

good to know that; maybe it is a day to day luck or unlucky journey. just have one old angelus chronodato dial with him. it takes a while, yes. I always have him take pics. before shipment and can influence the outcome. so far I was lucky, it seems. but I only use them for special vintage brands, if they have the original fonts. I`m sometimes fed up with the amounts charged. but what is the choice? have seen a few very nice outcomes for rolex dials from china ! the problem there is the communication barrier. what is your experience with others? kind regards. achim

5. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Mar 25, 2015

Tom. If it is for an Omega, have you considered speaking to STS to see who they would recommend?

6. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Mar 25, 2015

If this is for a 33.3 you might try looking for nice printed dials for this movement that are unbranded - have seen them for sale in the past - then have them marked omega and you have a dial that is the closest you can get to an original one.

You could also contact Jack Khorsandi at jackmond.com - he has an extensive 33.3 collection and sometimes has spare 33.3 dials for sale (if not original decently refinished ones).

Good luck!