Forums Latest Members

who can service my seamaster 1/00

1. 2tone61 Dec 29, 2015

i have a seamaster titanium with gold inlay, chronograph 1/100 (is this right) i got it on ebay from a reputable seller, and would like to have it serviced as at the moment its not working, and i think more than just a battery is required.
    i have read some horror stories about watches being sent to swatch, uk and Bienne, so is there another reputable service avenue that would have access to OEM parts if required, and maybe a sympathetic restoration/refurb.
    i think the cost at Omega service centre is £410.

2. Northernman Lemaniac Dec 29, 2015

Are you in the UK? Or.....
    Easier to make recommendations if you state what region of the world you are in!
    ;)

3. duc Dec 29, 2015

I only know of one person I would go to: http://watchguy.co.uk/

Spend some time looking at his photo library. I live in the US and sent one to him based on his blog. His service is extremely good. He will update your repair with photographs at each stage of the repair.

Edited Dec 29, 2015
  4. Northernman Lemaniac Dec 29, 2015

Christian @WatchGuyUK is capable of servicing it for sure. Only issue is that you need to be fast to grab a slot in his online booking system.
    Book here: http://watchguy.co.uk/cgi-bin/book.pl
    Do note that the available slots seems to be taken VERY fast. Almost like booking tickets for a rock concert online :)

5. 2tone61 Dec 30, 2015

UPDATE, sorry i didn't put down where in the world i am , and no obvious clues, £, swatch UK
    Easier to make recommendations if you state what region of the world you are in!
    I am in the UK , and thanks for the info , although looking on watchguys site it says he doesn't repair Quartz watches,
    Am i right in saying the full description of my watch is OMEGA SEAMASTER, 1/100, titan-chronograph, ref 386.1231.1, cal1670.

6. JamieG Dec 30, 2015

Swiss Time Services in Essex. Omega approved service centre. Go visit them if you're able to, better to discuss with them face to face than over the phone or by email.

7. tyrantlizardrex Dec 30, 2015

+1 for STS.

Depending on what's wrong it might be a new quartz module though... Fear not, Omega do the same thing (cheaper to replace than repair).

8. PatrickJ Dec 30, 2015

Also @stefan in the UK is very good he has serviced mine and @dsio Omega's in London.