Forums Latest Members
  1. V.O.C May 16, 2014

Hi all!

This is looks a bit desperate and it is but I'm getting a bit frustrated in my search. The last 8months I am trying the Fins a pre moon speedmaster pref. A 2998 -2 upto 105002. If have located Some Nice watches but had Some problems with them like:

1 the watches offered do not. have the matching authentic specs. (case,dail, hand pushers, Bazel, crown)
    2 secondly i think the proces of dealers are far too much.
    3 sometimes dealers are not. Trustable aswell.

perhaps Someone can help me with this search.

thanks for your help

victor

2. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job May 16, 2014

Get in line!
    You and many others are here for the same thing: a rare watch with the correct bits at a price that does not resemble a telephone number. Many such pieces trade privately, meaning, they never make it to "market."
    Until you find a suitable example before everyone else, you will need patience. Hopefully you already possess the knowledge to identify one as a proper example the moment it shows up.
    This didn't help at all, did it? Sorry...
    Best of luck to you in your search.

3. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident May 16, 2014

Unfortunately the more desirable and scarce a watch (or anything collectible) is, the less likely you are to find it from a private seller, especially on eBay. A dealer is a business and as such has to make a profit to remain trading. You have to decide if the price you pay to the dealer will ever be exceeded if you want to see a return on your investment. The dealer will probably sell the item in working condition, so they will have to have the watch serviced and guaranteed on order to offer it in working order. Some dealers will offer them on eBay but usually if they can't shift it through their shop or other outlets.

If you wanted a 1960s, run-of-the-mill watch, there are dozens of good examples on eBay but you are looking for something rather exceptional and it is a long game. It took me a year to find my Seamaster 300 and there are other watches I have been seeking for more than twice that time.

You just have to do your due diligence,be prepared to pounce at a moment's notice and above all, be patient.

4. Northernman Lemaniac May 16, 2014

And also look "outside the box".
    Very seldom eBay will be the best hunting grounds. Firstly there are plenty of other predators in the bay, secondly loads of serious collectors shy away from it for several reasons.
    My best finds have often come from trawling various more-or-less local market places and ad pages. Loads of work, but it just might pay of.
    Happy hunting!!

5. V.O.C May 16, 2014

thanks for your advice, but the only thing I would like to see is a watch which is genuine for price tag That isn't like dealer. http://amsterdamvintagewatches.com/nl/polshorloges/933-omega-speedmaster.html

secondly
    i havn't posted much but read a lot of comments. I think 9k plus is too much.

I believe in a fair value, and a market space where people like a certain watch. for me that's the most important.

Secondly I understand the reply's nevertheless I am not a bargain hunter but I just want a genuine piece. Like we all. If not I will stop with this forum.

regards victor

6. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter May 16, 2014

We all love vintage watches that are complete and in great shape. As with all collectors we all wait for something and it may take a very very long time to acquire what you like at a price you are comfortable. Often times stretching the budget is required to get something you want but no need to rip open the wallet. I think being realistic is always key and of course a little open minded in terms of pricing as usually over time you will make up any little premium paid. Gluck!

7. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member May 16, 2014

Agreed. To get an all original early straight lug speedmaster you will either have to be very patient AND lucky or you will have to be very patient AND willing to overpay.