2. madjestikmoose Can’t bat, can’t bowl Jun 14, 2019

No, thankfully.

3A8CCDAE-2473-4B6B-BF96-E0CCD326CD7D.jpeg
  3. sgrossma Jun 14, 2019

::puke::

Hands90 and madjestikmoose like this.
  4. SpeedyD Jun 14, 2019

:D

Imagine if every member who didn't own something felt obliged to comment on a thread asking about ownership. I get that everyone has an opinion, but not what value that input has to the question. Hmmm.

(Question was not whether people like it, about that ICNGAF). It is obviously not a hugely popular model and quite marmite.

MTROIS likes this.
  5. Stufflers Mom Jun 14, 2019

There's a reason why these are available with a sizeable discount.

tzachi and madjestikmoose like this.
  6. SpeedyD Jun 14, 2019

They must be rearer than a snoopy! I wonder if in years to come this will make them quite collectable?

I’ve never seen one IRL though. And few photos online. I think on a non white strap could look good, and is a ‘side of the moon’ collection complete without one?

Edited Jun 14, 2019
    MTROIS likes this.
  7. ConElPueblo Jun 14, 2019

This is my 'guilty pleasure' watch no. 1. If I was wealthy enough to even considering buying a modern, summer sports watch to wear at parties or at the beach, the White Side would be the one to own.

Shabbaz, MTROIS and SpeedyD like this.
  8. rainking Jun 14, 2019

efauser and Traveler like this.
  9. SpeedyD Jun 14, 2019

Yes, but imagine after already reading all of those threads - without any evidence that anyone who posted to those threads - actually owned one. There is then the dilemma, revive a 3 year old thread or two, or start a new one?

Guess I opted for the later option.

Regards it being a ‘random idea’. I’m
    Not sure what you’re getting at. I’m seriously thinking of buying one. So was keen to get feedback from an actual owner. Maybe there are none? But not a random post at all. I was after feedback from someone who has spent their money, not random opinions from those who had no interest in it.

We get 100s of threads a week from someone who’s bought a bog standard unimaginative planet ocean. People don’t piss all over those for no reason when they don’t own the watch. Just saying.

10. rainking Jun 14, 2019

I just meant random as in, often on this forum it comes off to me as though there are many users who, whenever they think of a certain topic, they just fire off new threads without a second thought. In one of those threads I dug up, there is at least one person in there who does indeed own the watch, or owned the watch, and posted pics.
    I'm not a mod and I don't want to be one. But those other 100s of threads you mentioned are, yes, definitely annoying as well. I use several forums covering several subjects, and this one is by far the worst in terms of redundant threads. At the end of the day it's not a big deal really, it just makes OF annoying to use sometimes. I still love the site and coming on and seeing and reading about what's going on with these watches, I just wish every time I went to search for something, I didn't have to sort through seven separate threads about the same damn thing LOL

11. madjestikmoose Can’t bat, can’t bowl Jun 14, 2019

This thing reminds me of the ‘ghost bikes’ you sometimes see around on the streets, only in a far less poignant way.

12. SpeedyD Jun 14, 2019

Well I’m sorry to have upset you so much, i hope things improve so that the tedium of a forum and the 3rd or 4th thread on a niche watch in 4 or 5 years causes so much stress. I can only imagine that the many plastic vs sapphire or look at my boring seamaster in ss on bracelet threads must give you cause to visit a GP on a regular basis :D

We all come here because we love Omega watches at the end of the day. If you don’t like a thread, a watch or a whatever then why bother replying at all?

All the best and thanks for your contribution to my search for information. I might just buy it for giggles anyway. ::stirthepot::

Flintlock and wagudc like this.
  13. Stufflers Mom Jun 14, 2019

Bless, if this is all you have to worry about then I guess you are doing ok.

14. JohnnyRocket Jun 14, 2019

For what it’s worth...
    I happened to see one of these recently at our local O.B.
    It is well, certainly White! Blindingly So!
    Perhaps it would make an excellent companion to Your white belt, trousers and boating shoes. But then...You’d probably be wearing Rolex Yacht Master anyway.
    Certainly unique but I can’t imagine a high sales figure for this model!

madjestikmoose likes this.
  15. SpeedyD Jun 14, 2019

I’m not sure Speedmaster would be best suited to yachting given they are barely splash proof :p.

16. ConElPueblo Jun 14, 2019

These are water resistant to 50m, plenty enough for swimming or even snorkeling. Just don't activate the pushers under water.

EDIT: The same applies to the ordinary, 30m WR Speedmasters.

17. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Jun 14, 2019

I once owned a white watch. It even had a ghost bezel. I don't own it nowadays :D:p
    Ice horror.jpg

SpeedyD likes this.
  18. SpeedyD Jun 14, 2019

Summer...now that’s a good point. So far Grey side seems to have been a better bet for the UK

Linzer, Foo2rama and ConElPueblo like this.
  19. rainking Jun 14, 2019

LOL no one is stressed about it. The point was more about a continuing trend on this site that's unnecessary and actually makes the site less organized. One new thread is of no consequence, you are correct. Twenty-five new threads a week that aren't necessary quickly add up and have a detrimental impact on the overall site. There's a reason most sites lock redundant threads. For some reason, this one tends not to. Regardless, I already said it's not a big deal. It wasn't a personal assault. If my sarcastic observations are too much for you, I apologize. And yes, I do roll my eyes literally almost every other day (sometimes even more often) when I come on here and see yet another "what do I need to know about the Speedmaster" or "sapphire vs hesalite" or "gray market vs OB/AD" etc etc etc etc threads started by people who apparently still haven't figured out how to use the internet :whistling:

SpeedyD likes this.
  20. 3nicewatches $100 well spent Jun 14, 2019

In all fairness, there are two possible answers to the OP’s original question, and one of them is “no”.

Anyway, for the WSOTM, I think that to pull off wearing one of these you either need to have a massive pair, or none at all. I suspect that most owners of this watch are the latter. But if you’re the former and you like it, then screw all of us, go for it!