Forums Latest Members
  1. WhiteThorn Jun 15, 2021

• How did I not know this watch existed?
    • 311.98.44.51.55.001 White ceramic
    • Currently for sale at Sotheby’s current bid £4000 seems cheap so thought I’d post it.
    • Noticed Sotheby’s will not sell with strap and remove it after sale... because it’s alligator?
    • [​IMG] [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]

JohnWoo likes this.
  2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 15, 2021

With the strap it could be for international shipping reasons as some countries don’t really accept things like used straps for quarantine reasons, could also be for Covid reasons or something hard to tell.

It’s a watch that has been out a while and was highly polarising when it came out. Some people loved it and some people hated it, I didn’t mind it personally but you need a bit of a tan to pull it off that my pasty Irish complexion doesn’t allow

JohnWoo, WhiteThorn and MtnMarine like this.
  3. MtnMarine Jun 15, 2021

I've never seen this one before, it may the first Speedmaster that I wouldn't wear.... but thats just me. I'm sure it appeals to someone.

4. PandaSPUR Jun 15, 2021

Not sure if its just the pictures, but that white just looks too plastic-y to me. Reminds me of a cheap white watch a kid might buy from the mall.

WhiteThorn likes this.
  5. Evitzee Jun 15, 2021

Too many countries have restrictions on anything that looks like crocodile or alligator so the auction houses just take the easy way out and ship it without the strap. The last time I ordered a crocodile strap from overseas it came with a bunch of documentation confirming that it was CITES compliant, but an auction house doesn't know the origin and can't provide any documentation. They don't want the watch to run into problems during shipping.

6. drhex Jun 18, 2021

You should see it in the flesh, it really looks like a children's toy, there is a slightly less gaudy variant without diamonds. I have quite a few sides of the moon but this one was too much for me.

7. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jun 18, 2021

Look good at Cory Worthingtons next party.

(Brisbane celebrity for people that don’t know, known for having a party and inviting everyone in Queensland accidentally on the internet and having 5000 people turn up)

machamp6650 likes this.
  8. JohnWoo Jun 18, 2021

Did they all bring a bottle?