Forums Latest Members
  1. shoota70 Feb 5, 2015

2. ConElPueblo Feb 5, 2015

Yep. Shame about the size, though. The 42mm EP's look a bit akward, I find.

3. shoota70 Feb 5, 2015

Agreed - but don't get that same vibe on this one. Would love to see it in person.

4. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Feb 5, 2015

I like the white ones over the multicolor sundials. if I get an el primer, and am thinking about it but not sure if I want that or a daytona, it would be a white dial. The other thing I wether I like the connecting sundials versus separate ones like Speedy, Daytona and some Primeros.

Question; I have not yet gone deep into this watch...what is awkward about the 42mm? and what size is not awkward to you? What size are Primeros normally ?

5. billyblue Feb 5, 2015

What Ilike about these is the matching date windows. Usually I also would go for the 39mm version often mistaken to be the ladies model with historically correct date over the 42mm models that have the date at 6 o'clock. But here tehy have made the subdials bigger and moved the date into correct position which is quite nice. Also like the matching date wheels (big problem with all the other models). Only thing here is that the dials are quite flat looking, like enamel dials...

6. ConElPueblo Feb 5, 2015

Well, in my view the aesthetics of the dial goes out of the window with the larger models. I don't get the feeling so bad when I see pictures of them, but hands on side-by-side there is no mistaking that the larger watch is the lesser of the two. It's partly to do with the size of the subdials, as they seem oddly small and pinched together on the 42mm version and partly because the 38mm is so... right.

I feel that the lacquered version might be less unbalanced designwise.

7. Dogmann Feb 5, 2015

Hi all,

Well I'm going against the tide here but I actually prefer the 42mm models especially with the date being at the 6 position and really don't like the odd position and angle of the date between the 4 & 5 position. I also find the size perfect for my wrist and as said above I find the dials on these new ones to look to flat and one dimension looking IMHO. I have the Red Limited Edition that adds a bit of colour and contrast to the dial and the fact that the date is also Red really works well IMO. But then it would be really boring if we all only liked the same thing and this added variety of dials just offers yet more choice to others that may not of liked any of the other variations and choice always has to be a good thing. Here is a picture of mine to highlight what I have said.

[​IMG]IMAG0112 by Marc Obermann, on Flickr

Marc

Alex_TA and ELV web like this.
  8. Hijak Feb 6, 2015

If this came in a ~38mm case it would make the list!