Forums Latest Members
  1. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jul 7, 2012

Thought about this topic after I posted some pictures of watches I traded and sold to further my vintage omega collection. Now there are some vintage omegas that I have let go that I wish I had back. But there is just one that I really wish I could have back. It is this 18k square omega that is the vintage basis for the omega museum collection tonneau renverse model. I have never seen one ever for sale anywhere and I may never see one for sale again.

[​IMG]

As you can see from the next pictures with measurements, it is a big model.

[​IMG]

Now let's see other watches that you wish you had back.

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 7, 2012

I'm about to sell my first watch ever, haven't done it before lol

3. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 7, 2012

I have sold very few, too few according to my wife. None that I regret as they have been in the category of watches that, as you say can be found and purchased again.

But..............
    If I ever sell one to Dennis, I know I'll regret it. :p

4. ulackfocus Jul 7, 2012

Wow, I've got quite a few. I'll make a post when I get home and can reminisce in my Photobucket accounts.

Oh puh-leez! I'd only post it every other day for a few weeks. :p

5. ulackfocus Jul 7, 2012

This Tiffany's Mark Coupe was a classy watch. It was replaced by the Blancpain Villeret, which in turn was upgraded to the AP.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Heuer Autavia was a bit too thick & wide and was replaced by the Chronostop. The TAG Carrera Twin Time would never have left if I didn't own the Breitling Chrono Cockpit - both have white dials and looked the best on brown straps and the CC wasn't going anywhere.

[​IMG]

This AT 2504.80 had a great dial and a clean look. If the friggin' bracelet had micro-adjustments in the clasp I might never have sold it.

[​IMG]

Sorta miss this 166.020 already, but I have visitation rights every March when we head to spring training.

[​IMG]

As simple as this 168.015 is, it's a nice watch and I wouldn't rule out owning one again.

[​IMG]

Good thing I know this one is in good hands because it's a SWEET watch. If it had a caliber 34x inside I would never have sold it.

[​IMG]

Really miss this - and I still own it! Just haven't seen it but 2 weeks in a damn year! ::censored::

[​IMG]

Certainly would like to own another Spitfire again.

[​IMG]

Both of these were nice, but were moved on at different times to fund much rarer watches. Don't be surprised if you see another De Ville chrono land in my box - either a caliber 861 or a 930. And a late 50's or early 60's Seamaster 321 is on the list too.

[​IMG]

There are several itinerations of these DJR Bressel chronos that are cool and every once in a while I wish I still had this one at my disposal.

[​IMG]

I absolutely will replace this Grand Prize caliber 352 sooner or later, just with a solid 14ct case instead of the gold filled one this was.

[​IMG]

I'll eventually get back into Hamiltons too.

[​IMG]

If this were 38 mm instead of 40, the crown would not have dug into the back of my hand..... but then I would have never bought the VC Malte Grande so it's all good.

[​IMG]

There's probably more, but most I don't ever think about unless I run across a picture in Photobucket.

6. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 7, 2012

Boy, I had to slow down and catch my breath to keep up with that string. :p

7. ulackfocus Jul 7, 2012

And that's just the small group of watches I regret selling / trading. :eek: At my normal 2 dozen annually, the entire list of watches I've sold would make a hell of a collection!

8. smithrjd Jul 7, 2012

DSCF0600 (1024x768).jpg That was quite a list... No where near that many, but I am getting the bug. I have two up right now, and I know that if I do trade or sell the odds of seeing another are slim to none. One is a rare calibre 861.. The other is my Zodiac Sea Wolf. I like them both but want something different that I will wear. DSCF0661 (1024x768).jpg

9. smithrjd Jul 7, 2012

Have a trade working on the Sea Wolf, a Zodiac Aerospace world timer.. Perhaps I am off base on the value of my Seamaster Chrono, thought I have seen several Omega GMT's bond, great white, 50th etc in the price range that my watch is worth. Connies are all over the place. What do you members feel it is worth? Perhaps not to your liking?

10. ulackfocus Jul 7, 2012

Your Soccer Timer should bring at least $2K in it's current condition IMO. Could be less, but probably slightly more. I don't follow their prices closely and have no solid idea of recent sales.

11. smithrjd Jul 7, 2012

Don't see very many like this one. It's the paliner jane one of Soccer Timers Last one I saw was from a seller in the middle east, $2.5K buy it now and it is no longer there. Looking at a Zodiac Glorious, pie pan with date very much like a Connie, but not yet faked and prices are lower. It will not hurt to just put it back in the drawer, it has spent most of it's life there anyway. This watch thing does thed to overwhelm..

12. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 7, 2012

Well the nice thing about the omega is its value could go up slightly more with time, I'm not sure whether zodiac prices are static, climbing or easing but the soccer timer has a strong market.

13. pmontoyap Jul 8, 2012

The one that brings $2K plus is the one with rotating inner bezel. Same goes to the somewhat underated Chronostop with identical case. I´ve seen the simple soccer timers recently for $1400, and $1800 with the extra crown. Of couse that is not a standard, just good prices I´ve seen, you can expect to pay 50% for a mint condition one with the original lapped case finish.

The other day I was asked if I was a watch reseller because I always speak about prices, the answer is NO! I´m addicted (probably not exagerating) to buying and dream of owning each and every Omega model I´ve falled in love with (I must be at about 30% there)....

14. smithrjd Jul 8, 2012

Without some inside info, it is hard to see the ranges. All I can normally see is Ebay prices, and dealers asking prices. Very few Soccer Timers that have an actual sale price, most of them that are sold have been in rough shape. The others marked as sold do not give the actual sale price, just the asking price. The Zodiac market is getting expensive, especially for the Sea Wolf's and Aerospace GMT watches. The Astrographic mystery dials are also going up. The Dress watches are not reaching those points yet. Of course the gold cased ones are based on the weight plus. The main problem with Zodiacs is parts, unlike Omega Zodiac (the original company) is long gone and parts are in short supply.
    pmontoyap not sure what you mean by the "lapped" case finish, The Flightmasters and a couple of others were in a buffed or lapped dull finish I believe, but mine has always had a polished brite case, I am the original owner.

15. Steve Jul 8, 2012

Although not as elaborate or as extensive as Dennis's list, I do regret selling my Schumacher 2000 Speedmaster.

IMG_5144.jpg

16. speedycosmograph Speedmasterus Pontificatus Jul 8, 2012

I regret selling one of my Elgin USN Buships canteen UDT dive watches ca late 40s. My wife threatened to withhold ....stuff...if I bought another Speedmaster without selling something. Women just don't understand. If I ever buy a 2915, I'll have to sell a kidney to get her ok. (Anyone need a kidney?)

17. SynMike Jul 9, 2012

My decisions to sell each these were all generally correct for the circumstances at the time so regret might not be exactly the right word for many of these. But these are ones I miss:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. ulackfocus Jul 9, 2012

Those two would have been tough for me to let go also.

Another AT 250x seller - must be one of the Top 3 Most Flipped watch on the forums.

19. Dash1 Jul 9, 2012

I regret having to sell this lovely Seamaster 300, still I have 3 others to console myself with!

165.024.jpg

20. SynMike Jul 9, 2012

A 39mm AT with black dial is at the top of the wanted list. Either a 2500 or the quartz version would make me happy. My budget is blown for this year. Now these discontinued models seem to be less and less common on the sales boards so by the time I get the money next year it may take me a while to find one.