Forums Latest Members
  1. Jon_Dong Mar 20, 2015

Hi all,

Following on from my first post regarding my almost mint Mark 4.5 speedy watch, I wanted to know any suggestions on what to look out for.
    I plan to buy one or two a year as investments and have read the buying advice thread.

Any thoughts welcome. What's going to jump in price or be worth buying now?

Pat

2. lwong Mar 20, 2015

I can't even imagine what things would be like if everyone knew the answer to that question. Maybe a better starting point is, what isn't jumping?

3. AAAKK First listing in the ΩF B2B phone book Mar 20, 2015

Well obviously the vintage market has been very strong in recent years, but if someone can definitively answer this question, they must be making a killing picking stocks.:)

4. Jon_Dong Mar 20, 2015

I'll rephrase.........Whats a nice watch to look at as my next buy? I dont want a fortune teller, just someone to give me an idea of whats desirable.

5. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Mar 20, 2015

Not my thing, but many collectors have a desire for the Ed White. Pretty much any Speedmaster with a 321 is desirable but especially the straight lug models. The cal. 861 transitionals and "straight text" models are climbing in interest and value as well. I think later step-dial examples are on the brink of having their own niche, but prices are still relatively low. As with everything, condition and originality rule.
    Then there's the whole Seamaster dive watch class, about which I know next to nothing (except they look great).
    I'm guessing you're into Omega and sport watches, which is why I won't even begin mentioning other areas like Constellations, or Longines Conquest, or Universal chronos and calendars, Zenith chrono -graphs and -meters, and on and on.
    Peek around the forum, and ask opinions. When we're tired of giving you advice, just reset our attitude by showing us a watch you bought, and start again! :)

Nobel Prize, lwong and Jon_Dong like this.
  6. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Mar 20, 2015

The WRUW thread is indispensable inspiration for The Next Purchase..

Tritium, Nobel Prize and Jon_Dong like this.
  7. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Mar 20, 2015

I'd say anything except for a Bond Limited edition, a SOTM limited edition of any kind Black, Gray, White or Purple and or a Swatch. On new watches If you want some serious attention get the new snoopy LE or the 57 Speedy. Outside of that the new Tudor North Flag is one of the hottest tickets in Baselworld affordable sports watches right now, and perhaps one of my next purchases.

Screen Shot 2015-03-20 at 7.02.53 PM.png
    Edited Mar 20, 2015
    oddboy likes this.
  8. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Mar 20, 2015

Seeing you love your speedmaster mark 4.5 I would suggest either a cal 321 speedmaster or a cal 910/911 flightmaster (i prefer the 910)