Forums Latest Members

Which watch model would you revive?

1. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Jan 14, 2017

In an idle moment I got to thinking about which Omega model I’d like to see revived and added to the current lineup.
    I thought about a chrono, but there are a myriad of current models. Then a dress watch, but Connies and De Villes have that pretty much covered. For divers we have the Seamaster line.

I know there is a lot of love for the Railmaster, but that does not particularly appeal to me.

Then it came to me. I believe there is a model that could be successfully revived, and would have some degree of heritage to it. Omega has a history of military watches, but for whatever reason it’s chosen not to include a “military” style watch in the current lineup.

My preference would be to revive the Dynamic III Auto. Why?

Personally, I think it was a watch released ahead of its time and potentially that time has now come. I’ve been unscientifically keeping track of the sales of these and the asking prices are rising! It’s got a lot going for it – simple, clear, killer lume and a good (but not excessive) size.

Dynamic.jpg

Would I change anything? Maybe I’d replace the minute track with the minute track from the chrono and ensure that the lug width was 20mm (I believe the original was 19mm, but I could be wrong).

Dynamic chrono.jpg

If Omega reissued the Dynamic III with a no-nonsense auto movement, and kept the price down below say $1750, it could also be an ideal “gateway” watch to the wider world of Omega.

Will probably never happen, but we can always dream ;)

rominvicta, Pun, Mad Dog and 2 others like this.
  2. kkt Jan 14, 2017

Pie pan Connie!

marcn likes this.
  3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 14, 2017

4. AveConscientia Jan 14, 2017

Some great things can't be recreated

dsio, gatorcpa and kkt like this.
  5. kkt Jan 14, 2017

6. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jan 14, 2017

I think the Globemaster is a better tribute. I keep eyeballing them, but have yet to pull the trigger.

Foo2rama likes this.
  7. SeanO Jan 14, 2017

Something in a C case. Precious metal option (prefer white gold), 38mm and with matching exotic strap and buckle.

Or a two hander ultra thin.

oddboy likes this.
  8. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jan 14, 2017

You had me at white gold c-case. ::love::

9. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 15, 2017

It's easy to say railmaster but what's the point of it anymore when the entire Omega lineup is far more magnetic resistant that the railmaster ever was.

I think I'll say something with sword hands, if they updated the 2254.50 Seamaster Pro and gave it the same treatment the Bond received with the gloss dial, applied indices and ceramic bezel that could be a very attractive watch.

al128 and Mouse_at_Large like this.
  10. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 15, 2017

image.jpeg

11. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 15, 2017

I wonder how he got that gig lol. Not saying he was a bad driver... but if his brother was not the God of F1( and Omega spokesman,) no one would really remember him.

I still love those Dynamics, and search for them every once in awhile looking for a good deal.

12. AnotherDon Jan 15, 2017

How about adding something with a triple date moonphase? That's like 39 or 40mm dia. steel and/or gold cased. They don't all have to be military dials or chronographs. :)

13. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Jan 15, 2017

Yep, the 2254 always had the potential to be Omegas Sub... Of course Omegas marketing department went to great lengths to make sure they drop the ball... :whipped:

Way more classic then the bond with those squelletonized hands (does anybody here REALLY like those)?