Forums Latest Members

Which spring bar tool for Seamaster 176.007 / 653 end links

1. horacehenn Aug 30, 2018

Hi
    I am wanting to change the steel bracelet to a leather strap. The end links are 653.
    I see from other forums that I need to buy a spring bar tool, but there seem to be a few to choose from. Could anyone point me in the direction of the right one for this watch please ?
    [​IMG]

2. horacehenn Aug 30, 2018

3. Dan S Aug 30, 2018

4. horacehenn Aug 30, 2018

I thought that different watches may have different sized spring bars and would therefore require diferent sizes of "fork" to remove them. Feeling a bit stupid now

5. Dan S Aug 30, 2018

That Bergeon tool comes in "F" and "S" (fine and standard) sizes, which basically refers to the overall width of the fork. The issue isn't the size of the spring bar, but the width of the slot in the back of the end-link. The slot on yours looks pretty wide, but sometimes it is very narrow, so you need a fine tool. So if you are going to buy only one tool, I'd buy one with the fine insert. Of course you may want to invest in both sizes since some people find the standard size easier to use. The inserts are replaceable.

6. jimmyd13 Aug 30, 2018

It's the access to the spring bars that can be the problem. Ie. The gap in he endlinks. Get the Bergeon tool but get the F and S ends - that should be enough for pretty much everything you'll come across.

7. horacehenn Aug 30, 2018

Found them, thanks both