Forums Latest Members
  1. Spangles Dec 31, 2017

Hi Folks

With a 6 1/2 inch wrist, which new Seamaster 300m should I buy: 36mm or 41mm face?

Could you also tell me the left to right measurements, case to tip of the crown of both watches please?

Thank you

2. WatchVaultNYC Dec 31, 2017

I have learned that the size that is best is the size you like best on your wrist. Try both on?

Foo2rama and MikiJ like this.
  3. Spangles Dec 31, 2017

Thanks for the response. I live on a remote Scottish island without access to an Omega dealer that doesn't mean a 45 minute flight or a 12 hour ferry trip. My order will have to be through the internet.

4. padders Oooo subtitles! Dec 31, 2017

I have had both and have a wrist of just over 7 inches. I much prefer the look of the full size, the hands look stubby on the mid size as a consequence of the bezel taking up so much of the real estate and leaving a smaller dial area. The mid felt OK but I always hankered after the 41mm and when I got one I found it to be one of the most comfortable watches I have ever worn. They are incredibly slim at ~11mm which helps a lot. Only you can really judge but I think you should go for the 41mm. Regarding case measurement, I would think the crown is around 4-5mm so at a guess circa 45mm inc crown.

One thing to consider, the mid size models retain a lot less value in the after market so you may be able to pick up a second hand one pretty cheaply, certainly comfortably under a grand. There are plenty on offer from Japanese sellers for instance due to the average wrist size over there being rather smaller. The full size models generally fetch £200-300 more model for model on ebay and the like.

Spangles likes this.
  5. Spangles Dec 31, 2017

Thanks Padders. I think that I can get away with the 41mm face judging by those dimensions. I had failed to assume that the 41mm would include the bezel.

6. padders Oooo subtitles! Dec 31, 2017

The actual dial area of the 41mm is pretty much the same a 36mm watch without a dive bezel.

Spangles likes this.
  7. Spangles Dec 31, 2017

Thanks again. That is extremely useful.

8. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Dec 31, 2017

Maybe order both from a vendor that accepts returns? then return the one you like the least? extreme but safe.

9. Spangles Dec 31, 2017

Not sure that would sit comfortably with me, although if the vendor is accepting returns I suppose we should take advantage of their kindness. Thank you for the suggestion.

10. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jan 1, 2018

You can always ask him. As long as you’re paying for both and take the responsibility for any damage it’s not that risky for him/her. What does he have to gain? A good sale. What does he have to loose? Nothing really.

11. dscoogs Jan 1, 2018

Would you consider the 39mm 60th anniversary version?

12. padders Oooo subtitles! Jan 1, 2018

Not a bad suggestion, a very fine looking watch but near double the price and rather thicker on the wrist.

13. Spangles Jan 1, 2018

@Nobel - fair comment. I was up overnight mulling this all over in my mind, and this is a large purchase for me, so I have decided that next time I take the plane or boat back to mainland UK I will look at both sizes to be absolutely sure. Thank you for your guidance.

@dscoogs - I am not the target audience. I have shied away from limited editions in all forms before. My watch will be worn daily. It is not an investment piece for me. My concern is for a new watch with a full warranty.