Forums Latest Members

Which replacement springbars to buy

1. bryanmanio Dec 13, 2015

Just wondering where I could get some additional spring bars after accidentally bending a few while changing out straps. Anyone have a reliable source that will match the originals?

2. Robert D Dec 13, 2015

I stopped by the Omega Boutique wanting to buy new spring bars, they gave them to me.

Taddyangle likes this.
  3. abrod520 Dec 14, 2015

eBay

4. Syed117 Dec 14, 2015

Second this. The service desk at the boutique gave me some complimentary springbars when I bought a clasp a few months ago.

Ofrei also has genuine omega springbars as well as other very highly ones.

Etp095 likes this.
  5. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Dec 14, 2015

6. yinzerniner Dec 14, 2015

Agree with the other suggestions to visit an OB. They'll usually give you complimentary springbars, and even if they don't the OEM Omega ones aren't that bad pricewise and incredible quality.
    One thing to note - Omega specifies different size springbars for bracelets and straps. 19mm for bracelets, 20mm for straps, and 20mm curved for nato / pass through straps.
    If you want to go with high-quality, low price the ebay seller twente(o) has many options and all the ones I've received are great.

Maximus84 likes this.
  7. Syed117 Dec 14, 2015

[​IMG]

Another thing to note is how long the ends are. I've seen springbars with slightly shorter tips which is worse.

The ones on the left in this picture are OEM Omega the ones on the right are the "highest quality Swiss springbars" that Ofrei sells. That's actually how they describe them.

The ones from Ofrei are actually longer despite both being the 20mm size. They are also harder to compress and thus apply more pressure to the case which makes for a more secure connection.

I've been using the Swiss ones from Ofrei when I switch to straps.

The only annoying thing about Ofrei are their ridiculous shipping prices. That being said, for watches that cost thousands of dollars, it's best to spend a bit more and get something of higher quality. A bit more in terms of shipping costs, the Swiss springbars are a bit less expensive than Omega OEM.

8. bryanmanio Dec 14, 2015

I'm in Canada, and I definitely feel you on the ridiculous prices from Ofrei. I had to order a new hesalite crystal, and the shipping came out to $45. I emailed them asking about it, because I've shipped a guitar for slightly more than that, and they never responded. Not looking to give them any more business if I can, so I might look at some of these ebay links.

9. bryanmanio Dec 14, 2015

Out of curiously, I checked the pricing for springbars on Ofrei, and the shipping is still $44.77 to Canada.

10. Syed117 Dec 14, 2015

Yeah. It's obscene. They seem to be a very old school operation and can't adapt. I would honestly order a lot more stuff from them if they offered standard shipping options like most other online businesses do.

I ordered a few springbars and a replacement horotec screwdriver blade (which broke on the first use) and they could have been delivered in an envelope.

Instead they sent those 4-5 tiny things in a box and charged somewhere around $10. USPS first class mail would get the job done faster and for a lot less. I think the order amount was also less than the shipping cost.

Edit : Forgot to mention that their prices are not good at all. They are fine for things you couldn't simply buy at an AD or boutique, but their overall markup is huge. Omega clasp at the boutique was $279 when I bought it a few months ago. Ofrei charges $359 for the same thing. Even with tax at the boutique, it's a lot less.

Edited Dec 14, 2015
    Etp095 likes this.
  11. hoppes-no9 Dec 14, 2015

+1 on twenty(0) -- great parts cheap

12. hoppes-no9 Dec 14, 2015

Ofrei is terrible. High prices, exorbitant shipping charges, horrible CS, and a website designed by an 8th grader in 1998.

Meme-Dweller, Giff2577 and bryanmanio like this.
  13. bryanmanio Dec 14, 2015

The only reason I used Ofrei in the past was because of how hard it was to find a genuine hesalite crystal.

14. SamQue Dec 14, 2015

Although I have purchased spring bars from Ofrei, you need to know your prices before you purchase from them. I found straps and deployant clasps to be much cheaper at the boutique. Plus when you buy from the boutique they always throw in a a treat. Last time I bought a rubber strap and deployant clasp from them the gave me an orange Seamaster style loupe. Boutique service is always excellent too.

15. rbob99 Dec 19, 2015

If you don't have an Omega boutique nearby, Ofrei is a good place to get top quality springbars. The shipping is a little high, so it pays to order a few things at once.

16. germywermy Jan 16, 2016

Hello!

I received an Omega Seamaster 300 Master Co-axial as a very lovely gift, and it is a great watch! I am enjoying it very much and I have sold off all my other watches because I don't have need of them anymore!

Anyone can help with the dimensions of the spring bars for future reference?

I know that the length of the spring bars is 21mm but I would like to know the dimensions of the end that goes into the lug holes.

What is the depth of the part of the spring bar, past the flange, that goes into the lug hole and what is the diameter of the end of the spring bar? Is it 1.00mm and 0.9mm respectively?

Any information will be much appreciated and very helpful. Thank you!

17. wsfarrell Jan 17, 2016

The last time I ordered something small from ofrei.com, I noted the shipping was going to be around $12, so I called them up and placed the order over the phone. I asked if they could just put it in a first-class envelope to save on shipping, and the woman cheerfully agreed. Shipping was free. Can't hurt to ask.......

18. SamQue Jan 17, 2016

I know Omega makes different spring bar widths in addition to their lengths, I have never heard of different sizes for the end of the spring bars. I too would be interested in finding out. My first stop would be a boutique via telephone, they have always been knowledgeable when I have called them. When they were uncertain, they looked it up and called me back.

19. oasis3270 Jan 17, 2016

I have a spring bar tool being shipped to me as I type. Is it wise to order some additional spring bars in case I bend one, or is it pretty rare? To this day I have yet to change out my own straps.

20. yinzerniner Jan 18, 2016

I know for a fact the normal spring bar sizes are 1.5/.8, 1.8/1, and 2/1, with the first number being the width of the middle portion and the second number being the width of the spring pin past the flange that goes into the lug hole. The width of most lug holes is around 1.1 to 1.2mm, and the depth of the lug hole is usually 1.5-2mm. The length of the spring pin past the flange is usually 1.2-1.5mm
    Take all measurements with a grain of salt though.

oasis3270, Meadia and germywermy like this.