Forums Latest Members
  1. twwyt Aug 18, 2015

Hi everyone this is my first post.

I was hoping for some guidance as to which buckle would have originally been on my watches when they were sold.
    The watches are a 1966 Omega Seamaster 600 and a c1970s omega Constellation(I think) F300.
    I also have a small collection of vintage omega buckles and am hoping that they will match up.
    All buckles are 16mm inner bar the smaller one on the right which is 12mm.

Thanks very much,
    Tom
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    EDIT: Back of buckles as requested. they are in the same order/position as the first image. the one on the top left was difficult to photograph in focus but it appears to be stamped with "??-PAT" ?? being some sort of symbol.
    [​IMG]

Edited Aug 18, 2015
  2. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Aug 18, 2015

I can't answer your question, but a similar shot with with inside of the buckle would make for a nice reference.

3. twwyt Aug 18, 2015

updated with image of back of buckles

4. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Aug 19, 2015

Nice pair of watches there. I trust someone will be along to help with your question soon.

twwyt likes this.
  5. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Aug 19, 2015

I think the ones on the right in the first row and the center of the back row are the closest to period correct (late 1960's to early 1970's). However, these buckles would have been market specific and there really is no way way to know which goes with a particular reference.

All look to be genuine to my untrained eye. At the very least, there is a space between the words "acier" and "inox". That isn't always the case with Asian made replicas.

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

twwyt likes this.
  6. apollo XI Aug 19, 2015

Hello,

my two cents.
    the number 3 would be more proper for the seamaster 600, but it seems a bit too small in size, so it's best the number 1 (from sixties)
    the number 2 (from seventies) is better for the other omega.

https://omegaforums.net/attachments/zm3i96b-jpg.150218/
    Giuseppe.

7. twwyt Aug 20, 2015

Thanks to everyone for their input. I am at least a little clearer on what's what now!

Great to have so many people eager to respond here too.

Thanks,

Tom

8. Thy Aug 20, 2015

Hello,
    closed logo are the 70s.
    Thy