Forums Latest Members
  1. davidmaddison May 6, 2017

Trying to decide whether to buy an Edizione Venezia or a Railmaster 60th Anniversary Limited Edition.

Struggling to decide which one to invest in? Any thoughts?

2. Davidt May 6, 2017

Any pictures?

3. lillatroll May 6, 2017

The one you like the most. I think the railmaster is a bit more versatile. The Venice one is obviously more of a dress watch. Generally I think the only way to be sure is to see them.in the flesh.

R3D9 likes this.
  4. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. May 6, 2017

Hi David, I've been struggling between those two watches myself. Which one do you think I should get? Thanks.

JimInOz likes this.
  5. R3D9 May 6, 2017

I agree with entire recommendation.

The Railmaster is a watch you could wear with almost any style of dress. The Venice edition Seamaster is quite formal in style, especially with the non-white metal indices.

If it was me, it would be the Railmaster all the way, but I don't think I would ever buy a watch at this price level without having tried it (or a reasonable proxy) on first. I can't count the number of times I've seen a watch in pictures and fallen in love, only to be completely let down once I had it on the wrist.

Your question included the word "invest" - did you mean that in the literal sense? Because that is a whole other discussion and frankly one that is impossible to know for sure.

*edited as I kept referring to the Railmaster as Seamaster, which was no doubt highly confusing to all who read my comment.

Edited May 10, 2017
    watch3s likes this.
  6. rominvicta May 8, 2017

David, sorry but what do these two watches have to do with each other? Nothing in common a part of Master chronometer, brand and the fact that both cost more than 5000 eur? So what, do you actually seek for?

watch3s likes this.
  7. Meme-Dweller May 8, 2017

I'd say get the Edizione Venezia. Harder to attain (gotta go to freaking Venice) and produced in smaller numbers than the Railmaster 60th, which I have a feeling will still be around in the marketplace for a few years.

8. watch3s May 8, 2017

its difficult to say without a picture of these watches, or a gauge of what other pieces are in your collection

9. Perseus May 8, 2017

I like both watches but the Venice edition would be my choice because I already have a 300mc. Owning two very similar watches wouldn't make sense in my small collection, but I don't know what you own.

10. ac921ol May 9, 2017

Railmaster versatility wins for my wrist

11. rominvicta May 10, 2017

I would also go for the Railmaster. Why?
    - Fits in all occasions;
    - Not as dressy as Seamaster;
    - Gold hands and index markers of Seamaster are not up to my taste in combination with SS case and though gold version is nice i better buy two SS Omega than one in gold. Just to settle down my investment part of brain.;
    - Venice edition not clear how many and until when will be in production.;
    - Surely more Seamasters having styling like Venice one will follow in near future.;
    - And last but not least Railmaster is limited and 60 Ann dedicated. As of me, not sure whether will be alive to get the 80th Ann, so that would be a chance once missed would be gone for life ...:whistling:. And to wait and rely on the secondary market just to save a few bucks ... well i would not bet on that.
    And to sum it up i already ordered the three separate 60 Ann pieces and hopefully will get them with the same LE number.

12. pianomankd May 10, 2017

Railmaster!!