Forums Latest Members

Which one shall be the first? UG rookie.

1. Mauseuhr Mar 12, 2015

Hey all. Enjoying your posts and enthusiasm about these great UG watches. Now my time has come to maybe get one for myself as well and I wanted to share them with you so hopefully you can advise on the best buy?!
    Thanks in advance!
    Dan

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    waXology likes this.
  2. woodwkr2 Mar 12, 2015

All are correct and original... with the following exceptions: the sub seconds hand on the first calendar watch that you posted, and possibly the crown on the gold tri-compax, and the relumed sword hands on the steel tri-compax.

None of those issues is an automatic disqualifier.

Buy whichever one sings your song.

Mauseuhr likes this.
  3. Mauseuhr Mar 12, 2015

Hey woodwkr2.
    Thanks for the fast reply. Big value for me, I appreciate it.
    Yes seems a pusher has also been changed on the steel tricompax.

The uni and gold tricompax are the bigger cases whilst the others are 35.

What do you think would be a fair pricing for each?

Thanks again.
    Dan

4. Zuke Mar 12, 2015

Good looking watches

Mauseuhr likes this.
  5. x3no Mar 12, 2015

Very nice watches. Whichever you decide, I don't think you can go wrong. That tri-compax is gorgeous though, my favorite.

Good luck in your decision and I hope you can get one at the right price!

Mauseuhr likes this.
  6. Mauseuhr Mar 12, 2015

Hey x3no. Thanks for your text. I also love all of them. Which compax is your favorite? Gold or steel?

I am considering both moonphase ugs but as tricompaxes are more wanted and as woodwkr2 informed me that the small non chrono moonphase has a replaced sub dial, I think I might go for the steel tri compax. It resells at around 3,300€ without being serviced.
    I personally think it might wear bigger as 35mm as well.

I will keep you guys posted and reveal my source soon.

Best
    Daniel

7. LarryG not KennyG, not OG, just LarryG Mar 12, 2015

The steel tri would be my choice as well; price seems reasonable though a service aint gonna be cheap.

Mauseuhr likes this.
  8. x3no Mar 12, 2015

I'd go for the steel tri as well. Steel is my favorite and the better looking of the different metals IMO. Price does seem very reasonable indeed. Can't wait to see what source this is!

Mauseuhr likes this.
  9. M_franco Mar 13, 2015

After you decide I would love to know where the others are being sold!

Mauseuhr likes this.
  10. Mauseuhr Mar 13, 2015

Hey guys. Here is one more aero compax. What are your thoughts on it? Thanks.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    ELV web likes this.
  11. x3no Mar 13, 2015

The dial looks original, but its a bit beat up. As for the crown(s) and pushers, I'm not 100% sure but they look original to me. Disclaimer: I'm an aspring UG Expert just consulting with my Sala book :-p

Mauseuhr likes this.
  12. Mauseuhr Mar 13, 2015

Thanks for your comments x3no! I already see myself with no free time at all anymore... My Sala book will be in the mail next week. From that day on I will be following your trail my friend;-) I really like the overall look of the watch. With the metal band it looks used, yes, but also very original which I like. Hard to say what these are worth but the owner would like to see 4.000€ for it.

By the way I found this and am struggling where to sort it in: what do you guys think?
    Looks super interesting with the tritium and very unusual dial, right?

Cheers
    Dan

image.jpg
    Franco333 likes this.
  13. Mauseuhr Mar 13, 2015

I will share my source within the next few days my fellow collectors. I won't go for any of these as I need to study the Sala book and this forum first to the fullest... thanks again for warm welcome.

14. Mauseuhr Mar 13, 2015

I got it: Lucerne sport 1jewel Swiss racing watch. Special indeed but nothing special ticking inside.

15. ELV web Mar 13, 2015

There is a question about the ref. 22414 that I have been puzzled with. It is the movement. Normally for it to be 37-38mm in size, I would think the 287 is the caliber to go with and most of the 22414 I have seen had a 287 in it. But there are also some examples with 285 cal. Does anyone have any idea whether the 22414 carries both the 285 and 287 or not? Many thanks in advance for the wisdom ;)

Edited Mar 13, 2015
    Mauseuhr likes this.
  16. Dre Mar 14, 2015

Really like the rose gold tri-compax especially with the thin fonts. The asking price is a little bit high IMO, €5,500 if I'm not mistaken right?

Good looking watches tho, good luck with in your decision!

17. Mauseuhr Mar 14, 2015

Thanks man! I was still struggling, but to be honest I think I will wait for my personal grail watch which is another UG tricompax panda that I just missed.
    The rose gold, which I believed was a yellow gold tricompax, has a wonderful dial, so I can understand what you love about it.
    I will reveal my source now so go for it:)

18. Mauseuhr Mar 14, 2015

Hi guys. Thanks for your awesome comments. I will sure start to be a regular reader and follower of your posts. Really enjoy the atmosphere and culture within you, so many thanks again for making myself feel so welcome being such a UG rookie still.

Here you go with my source, which I can highly recommend: it's 'vintage watches Milano'.
    Alberto, whom you can contact directly, has tons of watches in great condition from all around the globe and all sorts of desirable brands and refs.
    Some of these rare UGs are not all uploaded so feel free to mail him.

The prices I mentioned were only achieved through my intention of buying more than one watch with him (together with a friend), but we both 'pussed out' in order to first chase our personal grail watch. So please do not rely on that. He is a great guy so he will be able to giving you the best possible and fair pricing as well.

Cheers again. Highly appreciated.
    Dan

x3no and M_franco like this.
  19. Franco333 Apr 20, 2015

I love UG. I started collecting watches about three years ago with no focus in my collection. A focused collection is not needed in my opinion, but most people seem to have some kind of focus. I must say that over the yearsI have been increasingly drawn to vintage chronographs now and I can say that I attribute this the aesthetics of the the vintage UG pieces. Good luck with your collecting