Forums Latest Members

Which of these 3 (er...4) would you take on an international trip...

1. JPE.88305 Mar 1, 2023

Traveling to Italy with the family this August. Flying from Chicago to Amsterdam to Rome, most of the time spent in Positano, then taking a train up to Switzerland and flying out of Zurich.
    I expect a fair amount of outdoor/beach/water exposure (not going to be scuba diving or anything), and being August it will be hot so little wrist coverage.
    That, coupled with wanting to be below the radar, I've ruled out anything Rolex or Omega.
    Which of the following would you take? Just curious on the opinions.
    I'm leaning towards the Vaer on the rubber strap though also considered the Oris.
    Happy with the Vaer as a daily beater the last few summers--may even pick up another one to try out.

0.jpg 2.jpg 5.jpg

janice&fred and noelekal like this.
  2. Modest_Proposal Trying too hard to be one of the cool kids Mar 1, 2023

Trying to fly under the radar by not wearing a Rolex and instead wearing a Tudor that looks exactly like a Rolex kind of defeats the purpose, so I would avoid that one.

Of the three, the Vaer is the most innocuous.

3. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Mar 1, 2023

I adopt the Alfred E. Newman motto.

Europe is a place where I wear the same watches as I wear locally here in Texas.

If I'm going to feel anxious when I wear watches then I simply won't wear them. I may as well not have them.

IMG_1396.jpg

[​IMG]

Seiji and JPE.88305 like this.
  4. JPE.88305 Mar 1, 2023

;) Ha yeah I just thought I'd throw it in there to get opinions. I really don't plan on picking that one...
    I forgot I have a Seiko dive watch (automatic) that doesn't get much use ..
    0.jpg

janice&fred, Twocats and noelekal like this.
  5. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Mar 1, 2023

Travelling requires a date watch, perhaps even a date/day as I never know what day is is while abroad for a couple of weeks...

JPE.88305 likes this.
  6. JPE.88305 Mar 1, 2023

Good point, one vote for the Seiko.
    ...i guess there's nothing wrong with taking multiple watches...

janice&fred likes this.
  7. NikolShep Mar 1, 2023

I was going to suggest SEIKO even before you posted it as your 4th ww you were considering. Perfect for beach and perfect for keeping track of day/date (important for vacations, as days may tend to blur).

JPE.88305 likes this.
  8. janice&fred Mar 1, 2023

All your choices are solid and smart. Take that group and enjoy your trip :thumbsup:

JPE.88305 likes this.