Forums Latest Members
  1. andersp Aug 8, 2016

Hi everybody,

I hope you could maybe help me to ID this watch?
    It is with a cal. 285 and from around 1960, but I haven't been able to find anything similar online.
    The dial is slightly gold colored with a very fine line pattern.

Thanks for your help.

Best
    Anders

IMG_1680.JPG
  2. Edward53 Aug 8, 2016

A Google image search for Omega 285 gave me several watches like this with the same hands including at least one gold one. Your watch is a "no name" Omega, i.e. not a Seamaster, Constellation, Geneve etc. One on ebay in stainless steel looks to have the same case:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OMEGA-ALL...1560abc14ca1ed1affffb91c,iid=1,objectid=31387Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    Your watch appears to be a very good example. The 285 is an excellent movement. The linen dial looks particularly clean and nice.

ConElPueblo likes this.
  3. andersp Aug 8, 2016

Thank you for your reply. I see the resemblance but my watch only has double lines at 12 and no dots between the other hour lines.

4. westmtn Aug 8, 2016

Have you tried removing the case back?

5. andersp Aug 9, 2016

I do not have any tools, so I don't dare to try to open it, since I am afraid to scratch it. I took it to service, and from that I know that the serial no. is around 17.8 million and that it is a 285 cal.