Forums Latest Members
  1. ConElPueblo Sep 14, 2016

2. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Sep 14, 2016

Franken without a doubt. Doesn't look like a press-in case to me but a monocoque. Could be Seamaster . Medallions on occasions can be removed from other real case backs, and at one stage there were a heap of medallions for sale by someone who had used an original to make a die.

I imagine the original case was scrapped for gold. Note the width of the dial as opposed to the case. I bet there is a spacer in there. Love to see a pic of the movement, but of course there ain't any.

What a delicious irony. ELady, the Japanese seller, is a member of the " International Anti-Counterfeiting Coalition".
    Cheers

Desmond

Waltesefalcon, pitpro and Bumper like this.
  3. ConElPueblo Sep 14, 2016

Cheers, "happy" to have confirmed that my initial disbelief was correct. Have trawled through most of your blog too, so figured I would have stumbled across the ref. had it existed. I see the diameter of the dial vs. case size-issue now.

4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Sep 14, 2016

What a pity there are no caseback shots of the crown area.

But then again, it would probably show it to be Unicoc or Monocoque :rolleyes:.

5. fjf Sep 14, 2016

It does not look like a monocoque case. There seems to be a case back, even with a scratch from opening it.

6. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Sep 14, 2016

That was my initial impression, however upon further examination it looks to me that what someone initially thought the same but discovered the seam was simply the place where the case was fused. Many monocoque case bodies are two piece.

7. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Sep 14, 2016

I would be most curious to see the inside of the case on that one.

The crown looks like a standard 30mm type, which would not be appropriate for a Constellation.

I agree with the Frankenwatch assessment, although I'd go one step further and doubt that it was an Omega case at all, even if 18K.

ELady has some very nice watches and some rather dodgy ones (especially Omegas). A lot like our dealer from Mexico (Alex).

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

JohnSteed likes this.
  8. ahartfie The black sheep in the Spee-ee-eee-eedmaster flock Sep 14, 2016

That medallion looks totally bogus to me. I'm no expert but the stars look wrong as do the angle of the telescope and the degree of rotation of the dome.

9. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Sep 14, 2016

It's the Omega Starfish version. Very rare.

ahartfie likes this.