Forums Latest Members
  1. Bernardino May 3, 2018

Hi all

I’m looking at getting a Deployant clasp which will be rotated on various straps to wear with my Speedy Pro, SMP 300 and AT.

I was looking at the 94521833 brushed finished however, I noticed that the finish on my watches is more polished so maybe suited more to the 94521813.

My concern is that it may be too polished so wondered if anyone has either of these and can advise what it’s like in the flesh!

My local AD seems to have everything on a bracelet so doesn’t help me much!

2. drhombus24 May 3, 2018

I’d choose the brushed finish. It will look nicer, longer. I don’t have it anymore but it was a great clasp. Here’s a not so flattering pic, just because

88A94FE7-F84E-48B3-8011-CB721401A7C5.jpeg

watchos likes this.
  3. watchos May 3, 2018

Agreed. The polished clasp is a lot more versatile imo.

4. Bernardino May 3, 2018

Thanks, there are parts on the AT and Speedy that are brushed so will still match

5. ac921ol May 3, 2018

you will end up getting more then one clasp down the road, so just purchase the one you want now, and in a few short weeks, and a few straps later, putchase the trident one.

I have 2 brushed ones (trident one and regular)
    1 polished one (regular)

and ill probably add more to the stable.

watchos likes this.
  6. Bernardino May 3, 2018

Ive been keeping an eye on the sales corner but may have to bite the bullet and go through an AD.

There are so many fakes on eBay and I’m still learning how to spot them

7. keepitsimple May 3, 2018

There are lots of cheap omega type deployments out there which are, I guess, at least copies of the Omega design, but not truly fakes as they don't have the Omega logo or fake part number. Other manufacturers have similar designed deployments anyway, so it's not anything unique.

Depends how you feel about such things, and they won't be good quality, but it would be a cheap way (only a few £/$/€) to try both polished and brushed to help decide which you like before investing in a genuine one.

It's like getting a cheap parnis sterile dial Explorer type to try out before you drop a shedload of cash. I did just that, and then dropped the cash on a proper Explorer 1 as a result.

My AT has the polished deployment on a brown alligator strap. The AT has a polished bezel and brushed sides. Very happy with the combination.

Edited May 3, 2018