2. arcadelt Jun 30, 2017

Wrong dial.

3. alam Jun 30, 2017

if so, then off the chart! :)

Mark020 likes this.
  4. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Jun 30, 2017

And Chrono hand.

5. arcadelt Jun 30, 2017

Write up says that movement is four years newer than the case, so begs the question whether this watch was put together from parts. Based on Speedmaster101, $15000 minus dial, minus hands, minus movement, so perhaps [well] less than $10K?

6. 77deluxe Jun 30, 2017

Parts watch. So subtract the value of disingenuousness. Is disingenuousness even a word? A = case value + "E" for effort.

wkimmd likes this.
  7. davten Jul 1, 2017

I shouldn't let it annoy me but it does. I think it's cos I feel sorry for a novice that might pay that price.

8. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jul 1, 2017

HQM have a history of offering cobbled together speedmasters as well as very good ones. I have two 2998's from them that are in the "Never Sell" cupboard.

The OP watch is an assembly. As such there is no place for it on the chart.

I have always regarded HQM as an honest trading company who often offer goods on consignment, perhaps from people who also don't know what is right and what is wrong on a speedmaster. I think of them as providing me a very large flow of watches to choose from, bigger and broader than any other single source. Because of this huge volume of choice, I accept that they do not scrutinize their goods closely. I also think this gives me a chance to get a good watch cheap - because they don't spot those either.

The OP watch is a parts watch. It cannot be valued as a 105.003......because it is not one.

jimmyd13, Traveler, lando and 10 others like this.
  9. watchknut New watch + Instagram + wife = dumbass Jul 1, 2017

@Spacefruit I just find it a bit odd that they have a cobbled together Ed White with a movt that they say is 4 years newer than the case...and a dial that is totally wrong.

I have always respected them as well, but not having full disclosure on this one and asking that money seems a bit off to me.

They know it is incorrect, yet choose to have it described in such poor terms.

Imagine if someone described that watch as such on here and asked that price? They would be hand eviscerated like a chicken.

Just my 2 cents.

flame, Kmart, cristos71 and 4 others like this.
  10. KJH666 Jul 2, 2017

I suppose there is a market for watches with replacement parts for those who perhaps cannot afford the real thing. The issue here is that the price being asked is consistent with the Watch being correct, which it clearly is not.

The watch does have some attractions, the applied Omega logo, the don insert, the stepped dial and yes it is even pre-moon, but anyone buying a 105.003 wants it to be pre-professional as well.

At $10k it would look a more attractive proposition.

11. Fost Jul 2, 2017

Asking price and selling price can be very different when dealing with Jacek... But anyway not for me

wsfarrell likes this.
  12. Kmart Jul 2, 2017

Always good to keep this in mind, I was suprised at how flexible they were willing to be on pricing.

13. Fost Jul 2, 2017

First things they told me after entering the shop, 'forget about the prices on our website!' :)

14. wkimmd Jul 3, 2017

I have to say though, as one of the biggest and well known purveyors on vintage pieces...yikes...

15. Mark020 not the sharpest pencil in the ΩF drawer Jul 3, 2017

Well why yikes? Described as it is so who cares? It is what is

16. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jul 3, 2017

I am not making my point, clearly.
    HQ Milton are a river, carrying watches like fish in the water.
    They have a huge flow of inventory, much of it not their own on consignment. (Now I cannot vouch for those people).
    Their job is to present the stock - it's up to us to judge the stock, not the people.
    You have to pick the one you want, with eyes open.
    There is absolutely no malice or fraud - quite the reverse they are honest and straight.
    Don't blame them for a poor watch - just don't buy it.
    They are primarily a dealers dealer.
    If you still need armbands you shouldn't go swimming with sharks.

Cad290, td69, Kmart and 4 others like this.
  17. wkimmd Jul 3, 2017

I guess you are right. I re-visited the website and re-read the "Dial" description. I think I mis-read before (or for some reason misunderstood) - I agree with you there, it is described appropriately

18. BartH Follows a pattern of overpaying Jul 3, 2017

Looks like a nice 145.012 in a wrong case.

19. arcadelt Jul 3, 2017

The implication is that they are not setting the price or do not have any say in the price, and just take a commission or fee for providing the sales facility, a bit like eBay - do you think that is the case? If not, then I would consider that they have some duty of care to ensure the stock is reasonable and reasonably priced - certainly not for the people here who are all informed, but those buyers off the street that might pay a premium for the resellers or channels reputation. We see this with Hodinkee curated sales, which also attract a premium, and are subjected to outcry if they make a mistake.

20. harrymai86 Jul 3, 2017

Is it just me or the stamped ref no on case back 105.003-64. the "4" looks abit too big and off?