Forums Latest Members

Where to shop for 19mm rubber strap?

1. any4xx Nov 12, 2017

Hey Folks. I want to start wearing my Speedmaster more but don’t want to ding up the bracelet clasp. I’m no fan of NATO straps and occasionally get a bit wet at work. I’d really like to find a nice quality rubber strap, but one with a fold-over type buckle like my bracelet has. I’ve popped about on the Internet but can’t tell much about quality from most of the pictures and prices seem to be all over the place. I have a 7.75” wrist. Also, there seems to be an abundance of 18mm and 20mm straps out there, but very few 19mm ones. If I were to go with one of the “close” ones, am I better to choose 1mm too small or 1mm too wide with the option to shave it slightly?

Thank you for any help.

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Nov 12, 2017

19mm on a deployant buckle. Tough...

18 will look bad and 20 won’t fit.

If you don’t want leather, but want good looks and also impervious to water try a Perlon Strap. If you can’t find a 19, 20 will work no problem.

Omega makes a cordura with fitted ends for the Speedy date with a deployant in 19mm but not sure if it will fit. There is also a blue one without fitted ends which might come in black. You need to buy the deployant clasp also with these options.

Kmart and any4xx like this.
  3. redpcar Nov 12, 2017

Ofrei has some neat tropic style straps

any4xx likes this.
  4. any4xx Nov 12, 2017

Next dumb question: I looked at the perlon straps and they may just be the ticket. But none come with spring bars so I’m wondering if the pin-end of the spring bars I see online are all generally the same? Lots of 19mm bars out there, but a lot of choices in diameter. I’m guessing that I’d want a thicker bar, like 1.8mm for the perlon straps, no?

Thank you for your quick reply above.

5. gdupree Nov 12, 2017

the spring bar holes in the case should be standard. Any nice sturdy 19mm spring bar should do you well.

Foo2rama likes this.
  6. any4xx Nov 12, 2017

Thank you.

7. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Nov 12, 2017

Just keep your springs bars for the bracelet with the bracelet. The tend to be slightly different for bracelet fitting.

You can use them for the perlon or other strap. But better to get new ones or just walk into an OB and ask for some.

8. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Nov 12, 2017

With a rubber strap you can trim a .5mm off each side and it will look like it was meant for the watch.

9. any4xx Nov 12, 2017

Thank you. That's what I was thinking, but was hoping to get some confirmation.

10. Jimmymoller Dec 16, 2019

I'm thinking about doing that, and using a oysterlock looking clasp, hands down Rolex has the best looking rubber/clasp.. wish Omega had one like it

11. BattlefieldTrst Jan 27, 2020

I can say that trying to fit a 20mm aqua terra strap to a 19mm lug width is a losing battle, even with trimming. Live and learn.