Forums Latest Members
  1. Marcus Santos May 18, 2015

Specifically, I am looking for the crystal for an Omega Constellation Manhattan:

[​IMG]

The owner of the shop I take my watches to has asked my help to source a crystal for this watch. He is being accused by the owner to have broken it, while he states it was already cracked when the watch came in. Anyways, I´m only trying to help a friend here.

For now, the only place I could find was OFREI, but they want 219USD + shipping for a NOS piece, when a used one in good condition will do.

[​IMG]

The code for this part is: OME-062SZ0556002

If anybody has this part or knows who might, please, let me know!

Thanks!

Ps. this is the actual Omega and the crack
    [​IMG] Click this bar to view the original image of 576x1024px.
    [​IMG]

Ps2. Sorry, but I couldn't create a thread on the SALES part of the forum. ;)

2. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! May 18, 2015

Which watch out of the two is genuine?

3. lwong May 18, 2015

Purchased from max tom, eh?

4. PatrickJ May 18, 2015

Interesting looking dial on this one.

5. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! May 18, 2015

I doubt a genuine part fit.
    I would suggest you drop a hint to your friend that he needs to find another occupation.

6. Canuck May 18, 2015

If he has to bite the bullet on this one, it might be a good lesson. If it was him who accepted the watch for repair, that is one thing. If it was another staff member that accepted it, then he should have done nothing to the watch whatsoever without sorting it out with the customer, first!

KIMBER likes this.
  7. j.allen May 18, 2015

Interesting case. The owner would obviously know if it was cracked when he dropped it off. But the watchmaker would have to own up to it if he damaged it because obviously the owner knows what condition he dropped it off in. I wonder if another staff member broke it or it unknowingly fell or something. I can't imagine finding a used part.

"I doubt a genuine part fit." What does this mean?

8. Canuck May 18, 2015

I recall an incident when I changed a battery on a Movado Museum sapphire. When the guy picked it up, he pointed to a microscopic scratch on the crystal. We sent it away and had it replaced at a cost of ~$200.00. When he picked it up, I told him that it was NOT me that scratched his crystal! He smirked at me with a knowing grin, and said."I know you didn't scratch it!" I took a chance I would get away with, and invited him to never come back! Management never said a word!

j.allen likes this.
  9. TNTwatch May 18, 2015

He meant the watch in question was fake. It may just be a bad redial only.

10. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector May 19, 2015

Sure he's not after dial while he is at it......