Forums Latest Members
  1. Folgono Jun 17, 2018

Hello,

I need a bit of help in order to find furnitures for my Omega Seamaster 120 ref 166.088.
    The bezel doesn't click anymore, indeed it lacks the bearing (I have the tube and spring). It also needs a fresh mineral crystal.

Do you guys have any idea where to find these furnitures ? I looked on ebay but didn't find the appropriate references.

If someone knows how is the crystal fitted i'm also interested !

Thanks !

PS : I'm not sure if it is appropriate to open a thread for such requests, is there a specific topic for these kind of demands ? I didn't find but maybe I didn't look correctly.
    IMG_20180615_173842.jpg IMG_20180615_173905.jpg

2. ulackfocus Jun 17, 2018

Good thing your simply trying to "find" those parts instead of attempting to "source" them. :thumbsup: You'll save a ton of money that way! ;)

3. Folgono Jun 17, 2018

I'm not sure to understand what you're implying. I'm feeling a bit of irony here, don't hesitate to clearly explain me why my request is ridiculous if it is the case...

4. ulackfocus Jun 17, 2018

Your request is not ridiculous in any matter. This is an ongoing joke here - "sourcing" parts is very expensive, while merely "finding" and "buying" them is much cheaper. If you use a fancy term to make it seem like you're doing something extra special, it's naturally more expensive. If you use every day mundane words, it's just another task and therefore cheap. Sort of like "adopting a stray from the pound" is for the proles, while "rescuing a dog" is morally superior and therefore makes the elite human MUCH more magnanimous.

Conclusion: if you stop "sourcing" things, this hobby will be less costly for you. Got it?

Folgono likes this.
  5. Folgono Jun 17, 2018

Thanks for this explanation, I didn't get the joke, it seems that I must continue to explore the forum !
    Well I would be glad if it is less costly for me, I can't wait to see the dial through a clear crystal .

6. ulackfocus Jun 17, 2018

7. Vercingetorix Spam Risk Jun 17, 2018

For some Seikos the roller of a ball point pen is substituted for the original click ball.

Folgono likes this.
  8. Folgono Jun 18, 2018

Interesting, I have an empty pen which might be a donor (0.7mm bearing), I don't know if it fits.

9. Folgono Jun 18, 2018

I've tried the pen bearing, it actually worked, but not very convincingly. There is a tiny click but the bezel is a bit loose and move too freely. Maybe the bearing isn't big enough ?

Is it correct to open a whole topic for such requests ? I need also some information on a beads of rice bracelet, indeed mine had some small 11mm springbars fitted on removable links and not pins + tube as I usually see. I would have liked to know if it is normal and where I can find the replacement springbars or pins. I don't feel opening a topic for this is worth it, but I didn't find a general topic for these kinds of questions ?

Edited Jun 18, 2018
  10. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 18, 2018

The clicks on these are an assembly, so the tube, spring, and ceramic ball are all one assembly that is installed into the hole in the case - parts number is 129ST0101.

Mineral crystal is part 063TN5192, and the crystal gasket is part 098EW0003.

As for where to find these parts, you just have to look, or get your watchmaker to find them for you. Ideally if your watchmaker has an Omega parts account, they can buy them directly from Omega.

Cheers, Al

Folgono likes this.
  11. Folgono Jun 18, 2018

Well it seems that you are a kind of savior here !

I hope the tube has the right diameter, it seems that earlier holes were of smaller diameter with a jewel instead of the ceramic ball, but I think that it was on the SM300. I'll have to find a way to remove the old tube cleanly.

Concerning crystal and gasket google doesn't seem to know these references, I'll try to find a nice watchmaker with an Omega account who could help !

12. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 18, 2018

SM300 is a different system...just a straight hole in the case, with the spring dropped in the hole and the ruby balls dropped in:

[​IMG]

Yours looks more like this:

[​IMG]

Cheers, Al

Folgono likes this.
  13. Folgono Jun 18, 2018

Interesting ! I found the crystal and bearing mechanism on cousin UK when registering, only the gasket remains !

By the way does someone can explain me how the mineral crystal is held in place ? I'm more familiar with hesalite.

14. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 18, 2018

The gasket (friction) holds it in place.

Folgono likes this.
  15. Folgono Jun 19, 2018

Anyone knows alternatives to cousinUK and Ofrei ? I find the crystal and clicking mechanism, but not the gasket.

16. Holma20 Nov 20, 2023

Does anyone know if the 166.091 bezel fits on a 166.088 case ?