Forums Latest Members

Where to find Omega Seamaster 600 135.011 replacement leather straps?

1. Sturmvogel Sep 4, 2015

Hi there,

I recently bought an Omega Seamaster 600 135.011 that still had the original Omega leather straps incl. buckle (you can see some photos in my other thread https://omegaforums.net/threads/just-bought-omega-135-011-your-opinion.28414/)

The leather strap is quite worn out and seems to be a bit smaller in width than the lugs. Is there any recommended source for replacement leather straps for this type of watch? Ideally, I'd like to use the original buckle on the new straps.

Thanks!

Roger

2. Northernman Lemaniac Sep 4, 2015

Hi Roger,
    Do use the original buckle! It is a part of the history and originality.

As for straps there seems to be a common opinion that it is not vital that they are Omega.
    Personally I would save the original strap for the sake of history, and then find a OEM I like to wear.
    Omega never actually made the straps. They came (with the Omega print) from independent suppliers.
    There are TONS of suppliers.

Measure the buckle inner width and the width between the lugs.
    Let's say they are 16 (buckle) and 18 mm (watch lug).

Then consider if you have a normal wrist or need something longer or shorter.
    Personally I have a 19cm / 7.5+inch wrist and the "normal" length straps work well.

Depending where you are, find a good supplier to keep shipment cost down.
    Here is one German example: http://www.watch-band-center.com/shop-watchstrap.html
    I do not say they are better than others, but they do stock several quality brands of straps.

Very often you will find a tang/buckle is already attached to the strap. This can be easily swapped with your original one.

Good luck!

PS! You can also check eBay. Tons, and tons of straps, also Omega badged ones.

3. Sturmvogel Sep 4, 2015

Hi Northernman,

Thanks a lot for the very useful info.

I just measured the lug and buckle width and they are 9/18mm. The original Omega strap that is currently installed measures 16/9mm (could it be that this watch was once worn by a woman?).

Thanks,

Roger

4. Northernman Lemaniac Sep 4, 2015

9mm(!)? That is indeed unusual for a mens strap.
    I think it is safe to say that strap was never intended for that watch!
    Where are you located? Europe/US?
    I checked on eBay, and most listings for straps with "Omega" buckles seem to have at least fake buckles. They just don't look right.
    Compare this one (which I think looks ok);
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Omega-Vin...el-strap-band-buckle-16mm-N-O-S-/391248526090Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    With this one (which I think looks like the hard labor of Chinese child hands):
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-1...TRAP-BUCKLE-/221848715519?hash=item33a736c0ffPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

The strap you should look for IMO is a 18/16 strap.

5. Sturmvogel Sep 4, 2015

Yes, it is indeed 9mm and looks quite (too) fragile for a man. I'll buy a 18/16 strap and keep the one that came with my Omega.

I am based in Switzerland.

Thanks for the links. The first one looks much better than the second, which is quite clearly a replica.

6. raitosan May 29, 2020

Hi @Sturmvogel !

I'm interested to learn what are the facts supporting your claim that the E.k. special buckle is the original period-correctbbuckle for SM600 135.011.

I've recently bought a SM600 135.011 with concentric dial variant. And trying to figure out which buckle type would be period correct.

Thanks!