Forums Latest Members

Where to find - Omega Cal 613 Service Manual - Strip down and oiling

1. IMeasure Aug 13, 2016

Hi Guys.
    I have been servicing my own Seiko movements for a while with a lot of success. Its taken a couple years of steady learning, practice and patients (and tools, so many tools.....). There are a mountain of resources out there for Seiko movements like the Seiko published strip down and rebuild technical manuals that also include oiling information... This makes working on the movements a treat. I do all this on my own watches only.

I have an Omega Cal 613 and have not been able to find any information on the web outlining the servicing procedure (strip down and rebuild and oiling guides). Does this exist for the 613 or similar Cals like the 600, 601, 610 & 611?

Any links to online resources, books, guides, videos, forums etc will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Dan

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 13, 2016

No it does not exist that I have ever seen - just lists of the parts. Back then, watchmakers were expected to know how to do these things without having their hands held...

Cheers, Al

3. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Aug 13, 2016

When the going gets tough, the tough can make disastrous mistakes...

4. IMeasure Aug 13, 2016

I'm happy enough to do the service with the knowledge and experience I have, but I like to approach this like any work I do, and read up on any information that's available.

Edit: Yep I was able to find the parts list from Cousins.

Edited Aug 13, 2016
  5. IMeasure Aug 13, 2016

This is definitely not a tough movement to service as long as everything is in good condition and there are no surprises. That said it so easy to make a mistake and slip up (slow and steady wins the race). Its quite a cathartic process, researching, stripping, fault finding, repairing, rebuilding, oiling and casing.

6. Canuck Aug 13, 2016

If you try it, be sure to let us know how you do!;)

7. IMeasure Aug 13, 2016

I have been digging around and I think I now have everything I need. I photograph the life out of all my work and I will defiantly post the results of the process. What would be the most appropriate discussion thread to post this in?

Also as an added bonus, here is my latest complete rebuild I finished 2 days ago - Seiko 6119-6023 (1972)

20160812_130107.jpg
  8. Canuck Aug 13, 2016

Is that defiantly, or definitely?

IMeasure likes this.
  9. IMeasure Aug 13, 2016

Both!

But you know it's really definitely ;)