Forums Latest Members

Where to buy Omega Speedmasters Cal 321? Reputable dealers?

1. Francis_Assisi Oct 20, 2015

Hi, i bought an Omega Speedmaster on eBay some years ago. It seems genuine except for the pushers which are different. My question is besides from forums and eBay are there recommend vintage dealers online that sell Omega's. Any that sell a few Speedy 321 Cal.? I was having trouble finding any online but when I was doing some Rolex vintage searching a found some that seemed pretty good. I'm interested in Speedy Pro's 321 and Rolex Explorer 1016 or even 6610 at this time. Of course all original condition is needed. I am new to the vintage watch market and plan to learn on here and the forums about the Speedy 321. Thank you for your time.

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 20, 2015

I'd be very cautious as there are a great many "dealer prepared" 321 Speedmasters that leave much to be desired. Best decision you could make and best money you could spend is buying a copy of Moonwatch Only, its absolutely worth the price and you won't regret it at all. Once you have that, you'll be armed with the knowledge to make more accurate assessments.

3. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Oct 20, 2015

Part of the challenge for collectors in finding 321's is the hunt. We all look for the right example at the right price. As nice as we are, we're not giving away our fishing holes. Part of the reason is they don't exist!
    Check our sales forum. Some sellers like Kringkily and Krlyuzh are reputable and resourceful, but command high prices for nice examples when found.
    Squeeze into the pool with us. It's crowded. And bring your wallet.

Francis_Assisi, Davidt and Joe K. like this.
  4. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Oct 20, 2015

If you are looking for a reputable dealer in order to shorten the "learning curve" I would advise against this. Even the most educated and honest dealer will not be aware of every issue. Just as an example, dealers are involved in selling watches from various brands, models, etc., while you are focused on one specific watch. So there is a high probability you will know more than the dealer if you take the time to educate yourself. Invest the time and the few hundred dollars to buy MWO and hit the books.

Which Watch Next and Spacefruit like this.
  5. abrod520 Oct 20, 2015

This is always good advice, though it should be said that both Kringkily and Krlyuzh specialize in Omega / Speedmasters. I've dealt with them both and think they can be trusted re. knowledge of Speedmasters as much as any dealer can possibly be. I'd say a combination of the two is the best bet: Learn about the Speedmaster yourself, and then either dealer is a decent place to start looking for one :)

Davidt likes this.
  6. Francis_Assisi Oct 21, 2015

Nice mate! Will do :)

7. Francis_Assisi Oct 21, 2015

Thanks for the comments guys :) I will start my hunt and post any good watches on here. James

8. tony72cutlass's' Oct 21, 2015

I'm not a collector so i'm not "super" interested in the 321 caliber, are nice examples of moonwatches of the same vintage readily available in 861?