Forums Latest Members

Where it all started from.

1. Andsan Apr 25, 2014

A few years ago, I had some Conquest but I sold a few. I saved a Conquest 291 in 18k gold, and a 1956 19 ASD.

Saw an ad yesterday and I could not resist this. In mint condition, I must say. According Longines so is it made in 1960, according to the serial number and it was sent in 1962 to Lebanon. Then it somehow ended up in Sweden, this makes me happy :)

Should I replace the crown with one another. The Conquest in 18k in gold has not original crown.
    It is a very unusual crown and I know that Dennis has one on his. What do you think Dennis should I change?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

/Anders

Apa and dragoman like this.
  2. ulackfocus Apr 25, 2014

Nice! :thumbsup:

Don't change that crown - it IS correct for a date-at-12 caliber 291 Conquest!

3. dragoman Apr 25, 2014

Do change it... and send it to me, please!!!!

I need a serrated crown for my 291 Conquest... don't I, Dennis?

Now seriously, do keep it. If I remember properly, I read (ulack) somewhere explaining that Longines eventually changed the serrated crown design into a normal one because it kept snagging with shirt cuffs, but I would kept it if it were mine.

In any case, if you ever change it, please remember I call dibs.

And now that I have seen that you have a same gold dial 291 as mine, but with the right crown, would you please be so kind as to tell me what size the crown is? Mine is an unsigned replacement, and I would like to change it for the closest thing to the original until an original one appears.

Conquest 291.JPG

4. Andsan Apr 28, 2014

Sorry for the late reply. I think probably keep the crowns. I had thoughts that I would switch the crowns on the watches but I do not think so.
    I do not have calipers so it is difficult to measure the crown but it is about 3 mm long and 4 mm wide. Maybe the pictures can be a guide.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

/Anders

5. ulackfocus Apr 28, 2014

This is "serrated":

The crown you need, which Anders questions the originality of in the first post, is "scalloped" - and it surely is the correct crown for the date-at-12 caliber 291 and early date-at-12 caliber 294 Power Reserve models.

dragoman likes this.
  6. Andsan Apr 28, 2014

That's right Dennis. Borrowed a picture from Italian Orologi & Passioni.
    It shows the crown which is the original
    [​IMG]