Forums Latest Members
  1. Gbhulk Mar 7, 2019

I have an early 2000’s aqua terra that needs servicing, I have looked extensively on omegas website ( where I may add is frustrating) do I need to send
    In original box?
    Who do I send it to?
    What do I write in the letter?
    Etc etc?
    I can’t see
    To find it anywhere . I’m no where near a boutique.

Can anyone help!?

2. fakinbacon Mar 7, 2019

You have two options for where to have it serviced:
    1) Omega/Swatch service centers - this will be the most expensive option and will likely take longer than a local watchmaker, but it will be guaranteed to be serviced by Omega-certified watchmakers using only official Omega parts. Your watch will be essentially restored to brand new condition but this can potentially include the replacement of parts such as the dial if they decide that it is damaged, so if you prefer to keep your watch as original as possible then I would suggest using an independent watchmaker instead. To find your closest Omega service center, you can search this page. Note that this is the US website, so if you're in a different country then you'll need to find the equivalent page. Let me know if you need help with this.

2) An independent watchmaker - this will usually be cheaper and faster than going through Omega, but you'll just want to make sure that your watchmaker is certified or experienced with Omega, and that they have access to official Omega parts. If you're in the US, you can use this page to search for watchmakers in your area. Again, if you're outside of the US then let us know and I'm sure one of us can point you in the direction of another directory or specific watchmakers. Since your watch is out of warranty, I would recommend using this option.

I recently serviced my Planet Ocean and went with the Omega service center since mine was still under warranty. My closest service center was in Culver City, California. I gave them a call to let them know that I would be sending it in, and to ask what was required - they let me know that I just needed to include a piece of paper with all my contact info (including email) and what was wrong with the watch. In your case, I'd just put that it is just due for regular servicing, and note any other issues that it may have. Once they received mine, I got an email with a login that I could use to track the progress of the service.

Lastly, you don't need to send in the original box. I sent mine in a small zippered pouch but you could just wrap it in some bubble wrap or some type of packing material.

I hope that helps. Let us know if you have any other questions or issues.

haqq777, ext1, fskywalker and 2 others like this.
  3. fskywalker Mar 11, 2019

On independent watchmakers in the USA, Rik Dietel in Florida (Time Care Inc.) is great. Rik is certified by Omega (has Omega parts account) and other major swiss brands; have done a few Omegas and Rolexes for me and am very satisfied with his service. :thumbsup: Other good ones are LA Watchworks and ABC Watchwerks

In Canada Al Archer is a great option :thumbsup:

Edited Mar 11, 2019