Forums Latest Members

Where do you find your thin dress watch straps?

1. Modest_Proposal Trying too hard to be one of the cool kids Mar 13, 2014

I've been wanting to get some new straps... All the ones I have came with their respective watches upon purchase and they've all been terrible.

I'm looking mostly for leather straps without padding. My wrists are small and my watches are usually tiny by today's standards, so I don't want the straps to overpower them. They're mostly 18mm, though a few are under and one is 19mm.

I've seen you guys suggest strap makers, but they've mostly been makers of thick chunks of hide for big masculine watches. Know of anyone who makes reasonably priced petite lizard, etc. straps?

2. rhetoric Mar 13, 2014

I can recommend classwatchstrap on ebay. particularly look at the emu bands. Most bands from Stylecraft are thin and tapering in a vintage style.

3. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Mar 13, 2014

ulackfocus likes this.
  4. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Mar 13, 2014

I've used holban also and haven't had any problems

5. adam78 Adam @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 14, 2014

I tend to look for NOS ones by Kreisler or Hadley-Roma, et al, on the 'bay. Not necessarily from a specific seller. Just found an uncommon 21mm light brown Kreisler unpadded genuine lizard strap today for 13 bucks.

6. Selbo Mar 14, 2014

I've used this site as well. You'll find a decent selection of straps without padding. I agree, the shipping is amazingly fast. I haven't tried strappedfortime.com myself but the site has been recommended by others.

7. NT931 Mar 14, 2014

I too have slim wrists, and was faced with the same dilemma when I bought Norm's 'Superflat' square Omega, which had very thin lugs.

I managed to find this strap, which was unpadded, thin (2.2mm) and short.

Omega de ville wrist 261213.jpg

The seller (watchbandcenter) is quite reliable and this is my 3rd order from them - I like them as they've got a good range of short straps which are separately categorized, and then further subcategorized by material, and lug width. The strap thickness is also clearly specified, at both the lug end and the tail/buckle end. The strap maker in question (Rios) also makes decent straps.

I've tried Strappedfortime too and they're pretty good, though their range of short straps isn't as extensive. Hope this helps.

8. Modest_Proposal Trying too hard to be one of the cool kids Mar 14, 2014

Thank you for all the suggestions. I'll take them all into careful consideration and let you know the results.

9. ulackfocus Mar 14, 2014

Got a custom made Hadley Roma for my AP Classique ultra-thin. Average straps are thicker than the watch so a non-padded one was needed. Not cheap, but top notch.

10. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Mar 14, 2014