Forums Latest Members

When you found a watch you thought you lost......

1. Just Livin Nov 24, 2020

Well, could not find this Le Jour for it seems like over a year. Then clearing out the office, there it was in a box full of odds and ends.
    Phew.
    Will now be back on the wrist tomorrow.

I swear my memory is getting worse.
    Anyone here on the Rolex Forum suffering the same way......wait Seiko Forum...Doh OF Forum
    IMG_3750.jpg

2. kkt Nov 24, 2020

I misplaced a watch for a couple of weeks. It turned up in a laundry bin. I guess I must have dropped it in along with my shirt when I was getting undressed. Fortunately I found it before it went through the wash.

Just Livin and dougiedude like this.
  3. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Nov 24, 2020

Never :thumbsup:

4. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Nov 24, 2020

Nope.

Still dreaming of the day when my only lost watch is found again..

3AC8777B-F971-44EB-BE72-1ED796CB5453.jpeg

... it’s now been about 4 years and a geographic move halfway across the country since I realized it was missing, so I don’t think there’s too much hope remaining for a reappearance...:(

I’ve found a few fine vintage moons since then that have helped me to forget... but that ‘eternal moonshine’ via the tritium tubes simply cannot be replaced!

311508E7-090F-4D28-BEE9-9425B2A3DECC.jpeg

Edited Nov 24, 2020
    Alpha, kkt and Just Livin like this.
  5. Canuck Nov 24, 2020

I once stashed my Rolex Prince Observatory duo dial doctor’s watch in a camera gadget bag for safe keeping. We were at a grand soirée, and it was a busy event. I didn’t notice that the watch wasn’t on my wrist when we got home. In fact, I forgot about it for several months. Then one day, I went to my vault to get it out, and it wasn’t there! I hunted for days, but no joy! I resigned myself to the possibility that it was gone. At a later date, I was rummaging in my camera gadget bag for something else, and Eureka! There was my Rolex! Whew!

flw, kkt, prontoprint and 4 others like this.