Forums Latest Members

When were the last silver snoopys sold?

1. hotwheels Nov 30, 2017

What date/year were the last silver snoopys sold? Just wondered who amongst us got the last of the new silver snoopys from Ob’s/ad’s?

2. jimmyd13 Nov 30, 2017

Still hear the occasional report of one rising from the back of a safe/sofa in an OB ... someone may come along to say that they bought one in the last year.

tyrantlizardrex and Foo2rama like this.
  3. taz101 Nov 30, 2017

[​IMG]

mikechi22 likes this.
  4. boltman Nov 30, 2017

Curious also

5. ras47 Dec 4, 2017

BCB9273F-521A-428F-A0B5-14BFC55A7D71.jpeg 4D05703C-5AFD-4FC2-A52D-D436BFC44991.jpeg
    From what I see online, Omega released the first LE Silver Snoopy Speedmaster in 2003. A second model Silver Snoopy was released in 2015. AFAIK, those are the only two models released.

6. repoman Dec 4, 2017

I bought one of the last (or the last) "found in the factory" Silver Snoopy's in December 2016 from an OB. I was told, at that time, that a total of 8 pieces had not been previously allocated and had been sitting in the factory.

7. Ninja2789 Dec 4, 2017

wow, I'm surprised there are still a handful just sitting out there. Incredible.

8. silversnopy13 Dec 10, 2017

I got mine back in July 2016. Omega paid for my mom and I to go on the Level 9 tour at NASA in Houston. One of the other VIP's on the trip bought a Silver Snoopy from eBay and then his Omega Boutique offered him one and now he has 2 Silver Snoopy's. Pretty cool. I have seen about 10 Silver Snoopy's in person from other collectors.

9. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 21, 2017

I wonder how many are still unworn, in the original box (plastic dealer one) with all stickers in place and the strap has never even been bent round a wrist....

::bleh::

That be mine then!

red crowned, Moadib and BenBagbag like this.
  10. Atalien2005 Dec 21, 2017

Is it for sale or trade?

11. Moadib Dec 22, 2017

If you ever feel like letting it out of the box..... :) It's probably the Speedmaster LE I like most. Which I myself find strange, as some of the other LEs where one sub-dial is changed to have for example Snoopy in it, I don't really enjoy. I think it's that I find the design of the original Speedmaster SO good that the look of the LE unbalances it somehow to my eye. Maybe with the Silver Snoopy it's the fact that it's so utterly changed that it looks close to a negative of the original watch, but for whatever reason it's one I really like. Never got one at the time though - it's a case of if one becoming available coincides with sufficiently healthy bank account!

12. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 22, 2017

None of the above!

13. vintagestuff Feb 7, 2018

I've been away from watches for awhile, and this whole Snoopy thing is quite surprising to me. Of course everyone to his own taste and all, but of all the LE Speedmasters, why do (we) feel this particular one is in such demand? I see a lot of members who are very excited to get one, but the price appears to have raced up unlike any LE I've seen. I was a big fan of the Alaska Project, and it has made gains in recent years, but it definitely didn't "blast-off" like this Snoopy watch. I'm looking for opinions here. Was the run of these smaller than most? It just doesn't look like a Speedmaster I'd expect to find such a big audience. Maybe that's the reason because it was a departure? And for those who think this has a bubble, too, I'd say that's not correct. Again, there is going to be more demand as time passes with no more supply.

14. Bushido Feb 7, 2018

My guess is that it's a combination of novelty and scarcity. We all know that a white dialed Speedy is infrequent and so that sets this model apart. Combined with Omega's difficulty during production and roll out, this prevented the usual amount of flipping upon the watch's release. So, the novelty of the dial plus the tricking in of its arrivals amounted to desired acquisition without ease of attainment.