Forums Latest Members
  1. DIV Jun 23, 2016

One of the cool details I noticed when I first discovered this marelous forum is the 2 variations of the Omega symbol, the modern one and the vintage one....
    [​IMG]
    When did the Symbol change?

2. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Jun 23, 2016

Maybe about the time this symbol came out?

[​IMG]

3. DIV Jun 23, 2016

haha...great yoga pants!

4. Kazyole Jun 23, 2016

Not an expert and I'm sure other members here will have far more to contribute, but it wasn't an overnight thing.

At least for speedies the transition happened on the dial when they switched from the applied metal logo to the printed dials. For the crowns though (according to the research I've done), a lot of people consider the ones with newer logo to be correct as far back as 145.012. So probably they had the new logo done by some point in 1967, but had a lot of parts already produced with the old one and let it roll out in stages.

The kind of weird part is that you can have a 145.012-67 that has the old logo on the dial and the new logo on the crown, and that can still be considered correct. Definitely not something that would happen today.

5. DIV Jun 24, 2016

Ah, very interesting...

6. OMTOM Jun 24, 2016

Pre-Moon

Pre-Moon.jpg

UncleBuck, Vitezi, Giff2577 and 4 others like this.
  7. OMTOM Jun 25, 2016

The back of this watch-display shows the following inscription:

CE PORTE-MONTRE, PROPRIETE DES FABRICANTS DE LA MONTRE OMEGA, DOIT PORTER UNE MONTRE OMEGA, REGULIEREMENT REMONTEE ET INDIQUANT L’HEURE JUSTE.

My translation is as follows (any corrections will be welcome! Yann?):
    “This watch-carrier, property of the manufacturers of the Omega watch, may only carry an Omega watch, correctly wound and showing the correct time.”

The implication is of course that Omega would not want to see any other watch hanging here, nor an Omega watch that showed an incorrect time. But presumably this was supplied to dealers to display in their window with an Omega watch.
    Pre-Moon words.jpg

Giff2577 and ahartfie like this.