Forums Latest Members
  1. trey333 Sep 10, 2016

So I'm a complete newbie. I hope this is the right place to post. Thanks again to everyone who has helped to point me in the right direction.

I've decided to heed the popular wisdom and take this vintage watch buying journey slowly.

I was just browsing on ebay today and ran across a vintage omega listing that I clicked on. I didn't care too much for the piece, but what caught my attention was that the seller was out of Irving, TX. I live in the DFW metroplex and so i clicked on their seller page and got excited when I noticed they have an actual storefront in Dallas. They even have some watches on their website. I've noticed lots of repainted dials and signs of some frankens but still thought it might be worth driving to the store to see if I could negotiate any good deals in person.

THEN I saw this Omega Geneve that looks like the omega logo was literally cut and pasted. Again I'm new... but this is obviously trash right? Omega didn't put their logos on the dial like this did they? They want $300+ for this. Total scamming jokers right?

upload_2016-9-10_19-55-29.png
    upload_2016-9-10_19-57-29.png

The ebay seller name is dallasdesignerhandbags

Here's a link to their site and the culprit watch - http://dallasdesignerhandbags.com/a...0-cal-613-hand-winding-men-s-wrist-watch.html

I mean they obviously deal in handbags which is a red flag as another commonly counterfeited luxury item ... but they have 100% positive feedback on some pretty darn expensive watches.

What is the verdict? Worth the 30 minute drive or should I not bother wasting my time?

s-l1600_4_12.jpg Untitled.jpg upload_2016-9-10_19-55-14.png
  2. Artifice Sep 10, 2016

I haven't been here for a long time yet and don't take my word for it but that looks fake to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Vercingetorix Spam Risk Sep 10, 2016

Not a fake, but the case is trashed.

4. Uniqez Sep 11, 2016

This is franken watch.It should've look like this:
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

5. Clibka Sep 11, 2016

I cannot speak to the originality of the specific watch, but if their prices seem in line then it would be worth the drive to me for some hunting. It's the journey and the story that is more important personally, not just the physical thing. Bring a loupe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk