Forums Latest Members

What's your favorite watch to watch?

1. jsaen Jul 18, 2015

I find that some of my watches I like to watch the hands move more than others. In fact, on some I lose time and just stare.

My first nice watch was a vintage Grand Seiko hi-beat. 36000 BPH. It's great. I next got a modern Grand Seiko Snowflake. The spring drive and the blue hand are hypnotic.

watch collection-20150718-6944.jpg

I really like these watches, but I'm a bigger fan of sports watches. Most of my other watches are chronographs. While I like them a lot, with their small seconds I find them much less enjoyable to just watch them move.
    watch collection-20150718-6830.jpg

What are all your favorite watches to watch?

Mad Dog and DirtyDozen12 like this.
  2. BartH Follows a pattern of overpaying Jul 19, 2015

I love to watch my 2852. So many facets (dial itself, arrowhead markers, hands, crown, case) that refelct the light. Watch sparkles, love watching it.

image.jpg

Second choice my Pink gold Zenith with blue details

image.jpg

Tritium, jsaen and Mad Dog like this.
  3. nickioa Jul 19, 2015

My old man's Tudor has a mesmerising quality to it, probably due to the sweep of the seconds hand. Similar to the one pictured:

[​IMG]

jsaen and Mad Dog like this.
  4. Mick Tock Jul 19, 2015

I love to watch the slow, long, majestical step of this minutes counter hand, 24° in six seconds at 18,000 bph:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

This is a Mathey-Tissot Type 20, the civilian version of the corresponding Breguet Type 20 also manufactured by Mathey-Tissot. The movement is a modified variant of the Valjoux Cal. 222 flyback with fifteen minutes counter.

[​IMG]

Have a smooth and slow Sunday,

Mick

DirtyDozen12 and jsaen like this.
  5. Canuck Jul 19, 2015

image.jpg image.jpg I modified a mechanical watch to run sdrawkcab a number of years ago. Then had a dial made that was likewise printed sdrawkcab. No! It's not quartz!

Tritium and Fritz like this.
  6. sryukon Aug 6, 2015

Mans that's a pair very nice!!! I would stare at them to.

7. Wongo Aug 6, 2015

Way too many.:whistling: